Topic: Data logged at Gingerman

Hi fellas smile I know this is a longshot but... Does anyone happen to have any GPS data collected while at Gingerman? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to develop a data capture app and if I had at least one lap worth of KML, CSV, XML, JSON, or whatever, so long as it has a bunch of LAT, LON records it would help me tremendously. I'm trying to setup area zones at the turns so if the car is in a turn it will log what turn the data is from. It would make it easier to review stuff if I can filter out everything except for one area to study. Yeah I could just buy a logger system but what fun would that be.

Thanks!!
Mark

Re: Data logged at Gingerman

I do. It's in a messy ass KML file and useless to us. But by all means have a look. DM me and I'll send it out to you.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Thanks a lot smile There is lots of data.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/meistro57/captured_gingerman_zpsecsalyka.jpg

Would that it was at all intelligible, exportable, or organized. Mostly it just crashed Google Earth.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Yeah I tried Google Earth too and it didn't like it much. Those kmz files  are actually zip files. If you change the extension to .Zip then unzip it there will be a KML file extracted along with the other data like images etc..  the KML plays nicer with multiple online converters allowing to split up the data into manageable segments.

That app you used gave me lots of ideas actually. I like the way it colors the path to show brake and acceleration. In this map I could click on one of those little blue dots for a pop-up listing all the data recorded at that point.

If that app took it one step further and polled the ECU like torque pro does... That's where I'm trying to be. I want to log all the data I can including o2 sensors, vacuum, etc.. but I want to see only a few critical values live, rpm, coolant temp, mph, oil pressure, volts. The obd port can poll all that.

Currently I have it streaming every second to database on webserver, all the data. Everything. The app I'm working on is hosted online and automatically pulls the last record entered every second. Basically at minimum it will have gauges showing the last value recorded. I may have to make the delay 2 seconds or slim down my sensor transmission. I noticed an accumulation of lag when I stop the logging it takes a few minutes to finish streaming.

Work in progress. I hope it works because I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. Just know what I want smile.

Here's that site.. http://www.gpsvisualizer.com. You'll get more entertainment out of your files there.

Mark

Our car OTOH is an EEC-IV pre-OBD system. Out data Logger would need to be a Garmin VIRB pointing at the dashboard, or piles of money.

I think it was the Android only Trackmaster (A&D's system not ours)
http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com/web/trackmaster
It wouldn't be my #1 choice, but the live lap data was kinda nice being a spoiled Gran Turismo driver.

Even pulling down the KML still jacked up Google Earth. I wanted turn average speeds, entry and exit primarily. The data just made that hard to parse even if I COULD have gotten it to CSV on a spreadsheet.

I'd love a tablet dash with a back end recorder, but without OBD2 it's all big data recorder stuff only. Nobody makes a crappy VDO sender to OBD2 output thing that I know of that can trick a tablet into THINKING it's looking at an OBD2. I'm not anywhere near that good at Arduino or RaspberryPi.