Topic: Jag 4.0l diesel conversion. Hive mind assemble!

One of our 4.0l jag motors has caught loose timing chain syndrome. Instead of fixing it for around $200, converting it to diesel sounds way worse and more expensive. I think I can take the injectors, glow plugs, and injector pump from an early 80's GM 5.7l diesel and machine new pistons to make the Jagvair go THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Suggestions?

Judge's Choice - 2015 PNW - Most Heroic Fix - 2014 PNW 
Jagvair - fast and squishy - 1960 Corvair w/ 1993 Jaguar XJ6 moving bits
Transcontinental Drifters Facebook Page
Don't step on your dick.

Re: Jag 4.0l diesel conversion. Hive mind assemble!

Without pre chambers, how do you propose to avoid burning holes in the Pistons from the direct shot of fuel (presumably injected through the former spark plug hole??)

OMG Racing '94 Benz S500 #140: https://www.facebook.com/pages/OMG-Raci … 2774944199
Judges Choice and Regional Award winner! Chuckwalla '12, Buttonwillow '13, BFE GP '15, Miller '14 & '15, Sonoma '13,'14,'15. Inde '16. Finisher of the inaugural LeMons Rally, in the black Jag.... and IOE in the Super Snipe back in '12...look for the #820 Audi back on a track near you in 2017!!

Prechambers might be the way to go as I can incorporate the injector and glow plug in one assembly.

Judge's Choice - 2015 PNW - Most Heroic Fix - 2014 PNW 
Jagvair - fast and squishy - 1960 Corvair w/ 1993 Jaguar XJ6 moving bits
Transcontinental Drifters Facebook Page
Don't step on your dick.

As a Lemons fan, I approve of this flavor of crazy (i've got a few ideas for a pre-chamber that would screw into the spark plug hole).

As a Olds 5.7 Diesel fan, I ask you to please scavenge from the GM 6.2 diesel. The 6.2 has way more aftermarket support and you can still get new injectors. 5.7 injectors are getting hard to find in good condition.

That guy that likes the Oldsmobile Diesel for some reason.