Topic: Sonoma next weekend. Handy wrench available.

I'm in a unique situation to help a team this coming weekend. I'm not interested in paying the fees associated with driving but I would like to be a part of Lemons somehow.

I'm 27, UTI grad and ran my own hole in the wall shop for 3 years in Maine. My girlfriend and I have traveled 6100 miles all around the southern U.S. Site seeing in our 1990 34' class A and my 92 civic in tow.
She has accepted a travel nursing contract that is 8 weeks long and is located in Sebastopol, not far from Sonoma.

I've personally literally hand built two 10 second drag cars, one being a civic and the more recent is my Ls turbo powered 68 caprice. I've done a lot of jeeping too. Lots of welding/fab and engine rebuilding as well has transmission rebuilding,

Only piece of my builds I have ever outsourced is machine work, which I understand but can not afford the tooling.

Let me know if there is a way that I can be more than a spectator if you can think of one. I'm itching to get my hands dirty and behave like a fool at 24hrs of Lemons. Help me network please! Desperate ratty car fanatic in need.

Thank you!

Re: Sonoma next weekend. Handy wrench available.

Let the post below act as my video application

https://youtu.be/QFGS-TxeXDM

Welcome,Jack.....
You should just plan to come out to the track...
You'll find the Lemons group to be very hospitable,even if we don't need your particular set of skills.....
There will always be someone that could use a parts runner,wrench turner or just someone to shoot the shit with.
We'll be there with the U(gly)B(rown)C(amero)#58...Look us up....
See you there
Mike

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:

Welcome,Jack.....
You should just plan to come out to the track...
You'll find the Lemons group to be very hospitable,even if we don't need your particular set of skills.....
There will always be someone that could use a parts runner,wrench turner or just someone to shoot the shit with.
We'll be there with the U(gly)B(rown)C(amero)#58...Look us up....
See you there
Mike

Thank you, Mike.
I didn't realize that I may be able to be in the pit area as a spectator. Great news.

Remember that as a spectator you aren't allowed to touch any of the cars. To do that you'll need to be put on a team roster and pay an additional fee to be considered "crew".

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

Remember that as a spectator you aren't allowed to touch any of the cars. To do that you'll need to be put on a team roster and pay an additional fee to be considered "crew".

Understood

jacknichols1 wrote:

I'm in a unique situation to help a team this coming weekend. I'm not interested in paying the fees associated with driving but I would like to be a part of Lemons somehow.

<snip>

... and my 92 civic in tow.

Handy, _and_ brings a parts car, too! 

Paging Chris Overzet. . .  smile