1 (edited by mrpeugeot 2017-03-27 12:31 PM)

Topic: Anyone get video of the Rolex getting rear ended Sat AM at Sonoma?

I got punted pretty hard from behind as I was on the inside of one. I'm curious to see video because I did a pretty cool save which involved going halfway up the hill facing backwards while looking for a gap in the oncoming race traffic to turn off onto the grass to get out of the away.

The rear of the Rolex was shockingly unscathed; however, the impact broke switches off the dash and shattered a rear view mirror that was nowhere near the point of impact. The car that rear ended me, however, lost its bumper. Whoever it was never came over to our pit.

Thanks in advance for anyone with video!

Team Co-Captain - Bodge Engineering - The Rolex (1981 Rover 3500 SD1 with Lexus 1UZ-FE V8) and the Sterling (1991 Sterling 827SL - Organizer's Choice and IOE winner!)

Re: Anyone get video of the Rolex getting rear ended Sat AM at Sonoma?

#19 Thunderchicken v.2.0 was not involved in the incident to which you refer.
There was, however a slight front(ours) to rear(yours) contact exiting the bus stop during the sunday session.
I take full responsibility for the nudge.
I planned to come by after awards and apologize for bad judgement and slow reflexes but forgot. Crappy short term memory also.
Sorry for that.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

Glad no one was hurt.  Here's one perspective.

https://youtu.be/6HZEhsTiygo

Thanks, blinded.

Funny, in the moment I thought I'd spun entirely, and the hit felt harder than it looks.

But, yes, it could've ended up much worse. I'm glad I had enough control to guide the car off the track backwards instead of sitting facing traffic in the middle of turn one.

Team Co-Captain - Bodge Engineering - The Rolex (1981 Rover 3500 SD1 with Lexus 1UZ-FE V8) and the Sterling (1991 Sterling 827SL - Organizer's Choice and IOE winner!)

Wow - talk about a <failed> pass and a great save - we know what facing the wrong way on that uphill section can turn into. . . .

I wonder, even if the passer had squeezed by on the inside, what the intended end result of going 3 wide would have been?

That looks like that e34 v8 6 speed from the Misfits.   
Blinded, your car sounds GREAT.

I wasn't going to name names, but ya.

As for sound...thanks.  As you know, we've been trying.  It's still a work in process.  We actually welded in another muffler behind the bumper Friday because we weren't happy with yet another muffler we tried plus a supertrapp that we added for this race plus repacking another muffler.  Still probably won't be the final solution because getting rear ended could ruin our day.  There were plenty of cars louder than us at this race though.

As a funny side note, I came in after the first stint complaining about a buzzer going off in the car.  I had been watching the gauges but they all looked good.  My teammates reminded me that it was the factory redline warning buzzer.  Hadn't heard that in years...