Topic: Our fast lap. Sears Pointless 2017

Tedd, our ringer, drove this smoking fast lap (fast for us anyway) on Sunday at Sears Pointless.  I attribute the improvement over our (Tedd's) previous best time to replacing the rear drums with disks which restored our brake balance, lighter wheels and tires, and the replacement of the exhaust from collector back following the final and complete disintegration of the original completely stock exhaust..  Of course Tedd's skill is no small factor.  I was only able to shave 2 seconds off my previous best.

https://youtu.be/nnU0H14d5eQ

Re: Our fast lap. Sears Pointless 2017

Fast, clean driving. Good work!

Did you happen to have any footage of Tedd Saturday morning? He and I came together in turn 11, and when I came over to paddock to chat, it sounded like I may have totally missed him in my mirror and caught his nose with my rear quarter as I cut in for the turn (all I heard was brake squeal and had a rapid 180 degree change of view). I was glad none of us had any damage, but I'm sorry for any time the black flag cost your team.

Del Camino - Vodden 2015, 97th, Organizers Choice (best cartruck); Sears Pointless 2016, 51stl; Vodden 2016, 33rd; ArseFreeze 2016, 33rd

4 (edited by ukemike 2017-03-29 08:06 PM)

justin_5585 wrote:

Did you happen to have any footage of Tedd Saturday morning? He and I came together in turn 11, and when I came over to paddock to chat, it sounded like I may have totally missed him in my mirror and caught his nose with my rear quarter as I cut in for the turn (all I heard was brake squeal and had a rapid 180 degree change of view). I was glad none of us had any damage, but I'm sorry for any time the black flag cost your team.

We do have footage of most of Saturday.  It will take me a while to edit it all for upload.  I usually edit and post fast laps first. whole stints come later.  When I find it, I'll let you know.

I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you.  You were not our only contact Saturday morning. )-:  You must have been driving the Del Camino.  I know our other driver had contact with a different car.  It might have been the track worker pickup.  Our apologies to all for any/all contact we had.  Saturday morning was rough, Sunday was clean sailing.  I'm not worried about our black flag.  Our two penalties didn't cost us the lead.  We finished in 50th.  Sorry to muss up your beautiful body work.

edit:
I've seen the video, and I can totally see how the driver of the Del Camino would have not seen our car approaching on the inside.  Perfect example of why Lemons treats every contact as "all-fault".  As team captain, I'm very sorry for our substantial part in the contact.  If it's any consolation you beat us by many laps.

5 (edited by ukemike 2017-04-01 11:59 AM)

Here are my two fast laps.  Not nearly as fast as Tedd's.

https://youtu.be/bZTbzokidKs

Here are Dennis' Fastest from each day.
https://youtu.be/PVGbUmQC4hU

ukemike wrote:
justin_5585 wrote:

We do have footage of most of Saturday.  It will take me a while to edit it all for upload.  I usually edit and post fast laps first. whole stints come later.  When I find it, I'll let you know.

I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you.  You were not our only contact Saturday morning. )-:  You must have been driving the Del Camino.  I know our other driver had contact with a different car.  It might have been the track worker pickup.  Our apologies to all for any/all contact we had.  Saturday morning was rough, Sunday was clean sailing.  I'm not worried about our black flag.  Our two penalties didn't cost us the lead.  We finished in 50th.  Sorry to muss up your beautiful body work.

edit:
I've seen the video, and I can totally see how the driver of the Del Camino would have not seen our car approaching on the inside.  Perfect example of why Lemons treats every contact as "all-fault".  As team captain, I'm very sorry for our substantial part in the contact.  If it's any consolation you beat us by many laps.

Ha, we're not worried about it at all, looking forward to video!

Del Camino - Vodden 2015, 97th, Organizers Choice (best cartruck); Sears Pointless 2016, 51stl; Vodden 2016, 33rd; ArseFreeze 2016, 33rd

I've got Tedd's whole Saturday drive up.  The collision with the Del Camino happens a bit after 58:50

https://youtu.be/Ctiz3VO7uKU

ukemike wrote:

I've got Tedd's whole Saturday drive up.  The collision with the Del Camino happens a bit after 58:50

https://youtu.be/Ctiz3VO7uKU

Linky no worky.....

Content Warning

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.
This video is private.

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Fixed now.

Much better handling and driving vs. the last Sonoma video you all posted. Well done.

Smooth!!