Topic: What's the best way to get onto a team?

What's the best way to get onto a team? I am curious because I want to be at the Atlanta event in December, but might not be able to field my own entry.

Re: What's the best way to get onto a team?

Just show up and pay the spectator entry fee is the easy way  to expose yourself to Lemons racing.
Or you can post here that your looking for a team to help out either in building a car, fixing/maintaining one, or supporting it at the track.
I help out a couple of teams while not being a member of either.

I do bring some tools and skills that the average Lemons team doesn't have. I've learned a lot  by working for a semi-pro road race team off and on over a 15 year time span and also club race my own cars since 1988.

Re: What's the best way to get onto a team?

When you post in the drivers looking for rides section here, also tell a little about yourself, skills, demeanor, location, and what type of car your looking for.  For example, fast guys looking to win and place high are a bad fit for my team.  Someone who understands we will finish poorly, come together as a team WHEN things break, and there is a chance all but drunkiness could be lost by 1:00 Saturday is a good fit for us. 

Also, if you're on FaceBook post the same info on the Lemons Racer Lounge too.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, NX200, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix