1 (edited by Evil Genius 2017-05-17 11:04 AM)

Topic: 1985 Volvo 740 turbo wagon caged, almost there. SOLD!

Similar cars have won overall more than once... Manual 4 speed with OD.  Has a legal(well, way more than legal, with tapered NASCAR door bars, roof bar, rear diagonal, dash bar, etc) Evil Genius Cage. fits big (or small) drivers easily.  4 almost new Direzzas on alloy wheels.    Has Volvo wiring woes, I'm colorblind, I can build great cages, build engines, seat mounts. etc, but wiring is my Achilles's heal.     Engine is in good shape, has new timing belt and some other new parts, boost controller, cold air intake, well hung performance exhaust, etc...   it made about 200 hp, 225 tq before the wiring packed up and went to Valhalla.  Nothing's melted, mind you, but the wiring harnesses in these 740s are known to have issues.   It can probably be fixed easily by someone who is good at wiring or even can see colors correctly.     Ready for whatever theme you can throw at it.   Car is in Davis, California and I have truck and trailer and can help deliver within reasonable distance.        Last one of these I sold working went for $5K and is still racing in CA, some 6 years and 20ish races later.    Take advantage of my disability (you horrible person) and get a great deal on a car with great potential.     Call John at 916-275-1038 or email john@evilgeniusracing.com

I can send pics if needed.

Car is on Craigslist: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6074072863.html

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Re: 1985 Volvo 740 turbo wagon caged, almost there. SOLD!

Bump, for pics, car is now on CL: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6074072863.html

i dig the MOMO quasars.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

Jackasic wrote:

i dig the MOMO quasars.

Um, hate to sound ignorant, but what are Quasars?

Evil Genius wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

i dig the MOMO quasars.

The wheels

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Evil Genius wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

i dig the MOMO quasars.

Quasars are massive and extremely remote celestial objects that emitting exceptionally large amounts of energy, and typically having a starlike image when viewed in a telescope. Some theories state that quasars  could contain massive black holes and may be a stage in the evolution of some galaxies. But I'm assuming that's not what you meant...

http://orig05.deviantart.net/75f9/f/2011/156/f/c/quasar_by_tadp0l3-d3i5axl.jpg

Terribly Awesome Racing
Dozen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

cheseroo wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

i dig the MOMO quasars.

The wheels

That's what I thought,   I have all the hubcaps and they're in great shape, worth anything?

Maverick74 wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

i dig the MOMO quasars.

Quasars are massive and extremely remote celestial objects that emitting exceptionally large amounts of energy, and typically having a starlike image when viewed in a telescope. Some theories state that quasars  could contain massive black holes and may be a stage in the evolution of some galaxies. But I'm assuming that's not what you meant...

http://orig05.deviantart.net/75f9/f/2011/156/f/c/quasar_by_tadp0l3-d3i5axl.jpg

A little astrophysics with my Lemons...  Nice.

Whta kind of fool would race a volvo wagon?

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)

gump wrote:

How's the car?     I miss that car...

Evil Genius wrote:
gump wrote:

How's the car?     I miss that car...

The car is awesome.  The engine has just begun to give up the ghost.  We were at Laguna Seca in October and on Sunday it was clear we were down on power climbing the hill to the corkscrew.  I just did the math: we've done 9 races on that motor.  Besides little things like a broken throttle pulley mount or a broken alternator ground wire, we have had zero trouble with the motor.  Do you remember how many races were on the motor before we bought the car?

Hope to be at Button Terrible with a new (to us) motor.

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)

Bump, Lowered the price to $1900.        I'm taking it to the Volvo show in Davis Sunday...       It'll probably get sold there...

$1500, don't make me part it out.. Bring a trailer. take it away   bump

if someone in SoCal wants it, I can tow it for the price of fuel. I'll be up there this weekend and you'll have to convince me to drive the tow pig and bring my trailer.

SOLD, going to SoCal... Spank is hauling it down.   

Still have Balto and the Fiesta...

What can possibly go wrong.  Wiring can't be that hard, right?