Topic: Seat Back Brace

We recently acquired a Corbeau Forza seat for our car.  We have drivers ranging from 5'7" to 6'4".  We knew going into this that the seat would need to be on sliders.  We were told by Corbeau that the seat already has a integrated seat back brace and we just need to exposed it and mount it to a brace bar.  Do we need to modify this to pass tech or will this work?  We are mounting the seat this weekend and Roll Cage Components is about to get our order for the cage.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

Re: Seat Back Brace

We have a similar range of driver heights with the same seat on sliders.  We did not alter the seat in anyway and I wouldn't recommend it.  Use something that looks like this
http://tracksidetim.turbojohn.com/index … uk6tv9hhj4

We made our own out of some square tubing, drilled holes through it to make it adjustable, use a trailer hitch pin to hold it in place or a bolt.  We welded it onto the harness bar.  We did not have one for the first few races and still passed tech, but they recommended that we do it so we did.  No issues since. 

Also, if you search the forum you'd find your answer.  Here's a thread with lots of pictures and links.
http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=22873

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Thanks for the info.  Looking at the pictures (sorry, I should have searched in the forums,  my coffee had not kicked in yet) this is something that we can have our welder make no problem.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

I highly recommend an adjustable one especially considering the variety in sizes on your team.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Thats the way we are going.  We have a connection at a scrap yard that has sheets of steel that they said we can take as much as needed, and rims as well, no charge.....

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod