Topic: Starlet Fire

Does anyone have video of the Starlet fire on saturday at CMP

Castoroil

Re: Starlet Fire

It was hilarious watching the car come around turn one, and see everyone do a double take to make sure that really was a car with a rear bumper on fire.  This is Lemons, after all.  It may be a prop from BS inspection, or it may be just another clunker committing suicide on the track....  The corner workers went into hysterics trying to get the driver's attention before he got out of turn two.

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

There's obviously not a flag for that, and the worker waving a fire extinguisher in my direction was a clue. But the guy in turn 4 waving the fire extinguisher and motioning for me to come to him gave me pause.  I still couldn't see anything from the pilots seat.  Since I didn't catch the gas tank on fire a blow up, it was funny.

Castoroil

While not technically a "flag", that's what the rocking fire extinguisher means. You'd have to be an old time CMP racer to know that. Their corner workers do that at HPDE's, too. There's also the "meatball" flag -- black with an orange dot -- but that's also a never used flag in Lemons.

Duff Beer Civic (#128) -- 2014 Sebring - Class B (#1 of 7), 2016 Barber - Class B
1981 Jet Electrica 007 [Plymouth Horizon TC3] (#128) -- Mk.1 - Index of Effluency Eco (IOEe) @ 2016 Lemons South Fall, Mk.2 - Judges' Choice @ 2017 'Shine Country Classic, Mk.3 - Index of Effluency @ 2017 Southern Discomfort

What caused the fire?

apparently when we attached the exhaust we had it aimed a little too high.

Castoroil