Re: Looking for safety and radio gear for New Jersey njmp lemons race

Shit! I'm
New toy this so learning as i go.

Okay, so edit profile? And add location to that?

I should be good on the cell. It has foam, a metal shell, and rubber liner. It is only 12 gal. It is no FIA. But is divided by a back seat area bulk head

SloppyJalopy wrote:

Shit! I'm
New toy this so learning as i go.

Okay, so edit profile? And add location to that?

Oy....

Login, Profile, Identity (on black bar)

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)

SloppyJalopy wrote:

I should be good on the cell. It has foam, a metal shell, and rubber liner. It is only 12 gal. It is no FIA. But is divided by a back seat area bulk head

Awesome. Fuel is something that will get you in big trouble fast. They get skeptical of cheap cells because people try to use the really cheap ones that are just a metal can filled with gas. But sounds like you're good.

I'll echo what I said before. use the one you've got for this race. I know 12gal is small, but it's fine for your first race. unless your new car absolutely drinks fuel, you'll still get about 2 hours with that cell, which is a good length for a stint. I'd even say run hour long stints at first to learn the car and make sure everyone drives. Then when you're confident that at a future race you're going to DOMINATE, upgrade the cell.

14 Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice