Topic: Safety Cutoff Switch for Mechanical pump/injection diesel?

What do we do about this? Cutting off the 12v does nothing except make the brake lights not work any more.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Re: Safety Cutoff Switch for Mechanical pump/injection diesel?

You'll need to talk to John I suspect.  The Olds 5.7 in Spank's Corvegge had a 12v solenoid in the injection pump that cut off fuel when power was cut to it.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

How does it cut off in stock form?

As ches said, there's a 12v solenoid in the corvegge that was only open when powered and default closes when power is cut.

As extra insurance, He had us install a ball valve in the fuel line that had a remote T-handle cable pull.

It was never an instant cutoff, but did take about a half second to a second to stop during kill switch testing, or about twice as long as a gas car does

Normal cutoff is vacuum operated, but it looks like the vacuum pump is kaput. Right now you stop the engine by stalling it in 1st. There is a lever under the hood that closes off the fuel valve manually, so I could put a cable pull to that.

Or this:
http://www.electricsolenoidvalves.com/1 … oCUSTw_wcB

That guy

Do you not have a flapper valve in the intake to snuff it out? VW has these and they are spring to close / vacuum to open.

You can snag a cheap electric vacuum pump and keep the system pretty much as is.

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

Do you not have a flapper valve in the intake to snuff it out? VW has these and they are spring to close / vacuum to open.

You can snag a cheap electric vacuum pump and keep the system pretty much as is.

I probably do, but I know nothing of W123 diesels. I was going to grab a cheap vacuum pump for the brake booster, so I'll try connecting it to whatever I find on the intake as well.

Paging Idle Clatter Racing... Ted or Hyatt, please come to the brown courtesy phone.

Yeah, since they were the ones that got me in to this anyway........

Peugeot had a manual valve, we had a cable going to the kill switch so when you flip it, engine shuts off. So, yes, cable to kill switch will work.

K Car Stalker