1 (edited by Mysterymachine 2017-05-19 07:26 AM)

Topic: Rookie #77 takes out the #9 Mystery Machine in Turn 5 NJMP 2017

Was great to see everyone and do some great racing despite the crazy conditions on Saturday! Missed seeing the 230 and the 35, hope to see you guys back again soon! Shout out to the all of those who went door-to-door all weekend without a mishap. Had some great laps with the 99, 106, 199, 69, 888, 945, and many others. Two thumbs down to the overzealous #77 Rookie (I'm referring to the stupidity of the driving not necessarily his number of races) who destroyed our car early Sunday morning. We gave up positions to him repeatedly for two laps as a result of his erratic driving. We finally had a chance to pass him with miles of distance to spare between turns 2 and 3, and he decided to give us a full throttle T-bone to the right rear wheel as we were going through turn 5. Hit us so hard and direct that it broke our wheel and bent our sub-frame beyond repair.

https://youtu.be/IfaLpkQRtcw

We were in 3rd at the time, he was in 82nd...what a shame...put us on the trailer at 10am. Congrats to all those who made it to the finish and hope to see everyone in Thompson!

#9 Audi CQ Scooby Doo Car known as the Mystery Machine, #44 Audi 4KQ painted as a tribute car to the 1989 IMSA  car driven by Haywood, Stuck, and Rohrl, and the #95 Audi TT Lightning McQueen.

Re: Rookie #77 takes out the #9 Mystery Machine in Turn 5 NJMP 2017

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about this. I've learned over the years in racing with the Mystery Machine that when I hear the whistle of the turbo coming up from behind to get out of the way. The Mystery Machine drivers are consistently fast, predictable, and clean.

Hope to see your crew at Thompson!

Chief Gadget Inspector
Fifteen-time Loser
S13 240SX (bent)

That sucks.  You guys always drive clean and the car was the nicest "lemon" I've seen.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

4 (edited by -SDR- 2017-05-19 07:50 PM)

M/M, sorry, I did not know that happened to you.

I loved hearing that car come up behind, and the blue/green blur that went by, over and over and over.....

Hope the car is repairable, and looking forward to seeing you in CT.

Bill

(Team Grover)

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

Man this video gets two thumbs down to the 77. I was out on track with you guys during and a little before this (the 101 RUSEFI Miata green with Red roof). We had a great few laps together. I also witnessed some of the "subpar" driving from the 77. Quite scary to tell the truth, it was being extremely over driven Sunday morning. Glad that everyone was ok. Hope to see you out at Thompson with a 100% Operational car. As for the 77, not so much.

Remember it is always the Overtaking Driver's responsibility to make a clean safe pass. I'm sorry this happened to you guys, the past 3 races I have done, your team has always done clean safe passes on track.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

#35 SFPR here....we definitely missed racing with everyone at NJMP this year. Life events got in our way (3 guys on the team are getting married this summer, so it's a busy season for us, plus inspection of our motor revealed a broken main cap)

Sorry to see you guys get taken out like that! You always drive super cleanly, as evidenced by how clean and straight your car is/was.

Hope you get it put back together and we'll see you in Thompson!

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

7 (edited by chaase 2017-05-25 06:38 AM)

I was watching the video and couldn't see that car in the side view mirror. I am not sure where they even came from.I hope you can get her back and running. I love the Mystery Machine!

I am not going to say someone did something dumb or malicious because we don't know if there was a mechanical failure. Unfortunately, I've been behind the wheel when the brakes went away or something like that and it was luck that I didn't hit anyone.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner