Topic: Radio questions

At our last race, we experienced some problems with the radio system. Sounded Okay when talking, but when I released the PTT button we got an extremely loud popping/staticy burst through the speakers or ear buds. This is the first time we've seen this. Anybody have an "aha!" type explanation of what we might have been seeing?

Using Motorola CP200XLS UHF radios and external roof mounted antennae.

Thanks!

Re: Radio questions

Failing PTT switch not releasing connection sharply?

How does it sound on the other side with the squelch off?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

That's a good thought. But we are getting the same thing when either radio releases the on-radio talk button or PTT in the car.  I do have more than one PTT button for the car that I can test with as I try to eliminate variables.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Don

It could be your "roger beep."

You should be able to turn that off.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Rogers a pretty loud fellow. Likely to blow your ears out.

I've actually opened the manual last week. I'll have to play with this squelch thingy when we get back to the car next weekend. I'll also look for the beep.

All of the ear buds we have tried have been very quiet. The only thing that works for louder speech are the in-helmet speakers you sold us like 5 years ago.

Don

Don,

I am glad the helmet speakers are louder for you. I gotta say that's odd though. Our guys running earbuds run almost no volume they are so loud.

Troy

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z