Topic: General schedule for Friday

We have to rush back toward the east coast as soon as this is over Friday (scheduled to be in central MO by 11am Monday).  Does Friday tend to run along the lines of 'run the route, check in and that's it'?  I know the concour has room for us, but I don't think doing that's going to be in the cards this time.  Mainly wondering if the Friday night lodging near Monterey is required or if we can press on and get something along the way home after a few more hours of driving.

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

Re: General schedule for Friday

I think you are allowed to do whatever you want.

The fun little awards ceremony happens at the concours.

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, Route Sucky Suck, etc.

It's not like we're going to win - I'm bringing a rental car.  LOL.  I just want to be sure that I actually finish the rally.

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

I think there were some points awarded at the concours last year, something about someone touching someones butt?

Get as much fun as you can, then head home. Don't worry too much about it. I'm more worried about getting to the start, actually.

David Hawkins wrote:

Does Friday tend to run along the lines of 'run the route, check in and that's it'?

That's how it worked last year. There is absolutely no reason to think that the evening later degenerated into parking lot brawls with vacationing senior citizens and handing out flats of eggs to random teenagers. No reason whatsoever.

squirrel wrote:

I think there were some points awarded at the concours last year, something about someone touching someones butt?

The points were for getting a photo of either Alan Galbraith (who runs the concours), Wayne Carini (who was a guest judge), or Jay Lamm (who is some random guy) with their butt on your rally vehicle. The secret of success was to realize that Alan will do pretty much anything for the camera.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4200/34467754084_a926c998b9_n.jpg

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

that $269 hotel room was the best....

mharrell wrote:
David Hawkins wrote:

Does Friday tend to run along the lines of 'run the route, check in and that's it'?

That's how it worked last year. There is absolutely no reason to think that the evening later degenerated into parking lot brawls with vacationing senior citizens and handing out flats of eggs to random teenagers. No reason whatsoever.

And it was all while we were listening to Smash Mouth from three blocks away... It was worth the price of admission

Hell On Wheels "Totally Not a Rental Car" Chrysler 300
Retreat From Moscow "Traded a Bar Tab for a Wagon" Subaru Legacy
Monterey Car Weeeeak -Dishonorable Mention- "Cocoa Beach A.S.S. Team" Oldsmobile Wagon
Fail Inc Motorsports Intergalactic Headquarters