Topic: So This Isn't the Pinnacle of Road Racing

This is embarassinig.  I've done three races and I didn't know this.  I just got an email from Jay Lamm, and long story short, this ISN'T the 24 Hours of LeMans.  I coulda swore with the level of sophistication I've witnessed at work in these cars they HAD to be LeMans cars.  I thought "Index of Effluency" was simply a persistant misspelling of the prize's name.  A french misunderstanding of the English interpretation or something.

So it's Lemons, huh?  Or should I say, Lemons, or is it Citron?

God, this is embarassing.

Maximum Leader, Ruler for Life,
Dirty Rotten Cheating Bastards Racing

Re: So This Isn't the Pinnacle of Road Racing

It comes as a shock to a lot of people.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Also embarrassing, this is my pinnacle of road racing.

Next you will tell me its not really 24 hours...........

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

-SDR- wrote:

Next you will tell me its not really 24 hours...........

Uh, about that...

Maximum Leader, Ruler for Life,
Dirty Rotten Cheating Bastards Racing

Did you say the Pineapple of Road Racing?

The Pinochle of Real Racing™.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Well, it is really awkward when you run into a proper 24 Hours of LeMans driver at a race track in Vegas and have to try and explain you race in a satire of hers. "LeMon" does not translate well to French but "$500 clunkers trying to make the finish before falling apart" seems to come across decently.

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: IL Fall '15, MI Spring '16, IL Summer '16, MI Spring '17, KY '17, MI Summer '21, KY '21, MI Summer '21, MI Fall '22

9 (edited by ninjacoco 2017-09-18 09:25 PM)

Sacré merde!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJyBtgLUEAAi0jm.jpg

Theo Bunny wore his 24 Hours of Lemons drivers' wristband all weekend at WEC. Sadly, he did not get to drive a Le Mans prototype. Myth confirmed. :'(

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJuLG7CU8AAXCnW.jpg

Porsche's team name is SO CLOSE to my team name, though. Just missing the "u."