Topic: The only two things you need to know about the New Orleans Curse

There's a lot of chatter out there, so I've condensed my thoughts into what I think are the two most important facts. I'm going to try to stay out of the discussion otherwise, so here you go:

1. There was no advance promise from Jay that the Black Widow Miata would not be crushed. In fact, that doesn't even make any sense--without anything to offer us, how would a team negotiate such a deal?

2. 33 ballots were submitted for the Curse. 24 votes were for the Miata, 7 were for the CaJun JiHad, and the remaining two were for random single teams.

Re: The only two things you need to know about the New Orleans Curse

Landslide.

If they don't know they're obviously doing something 'incorrectly', then they're in denial.

#76 TWSS Racing

so the question is, whatcha gonna do 'bout it?

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

4 (edited by BoB 2009-06-09 01:30 PM)

I believe legally Jay could still buy it for $500.  According to the wording of the curse they still may still be allow it to be destroyed.

Actually it would be pretty funny for Jay and the crew to show up on their doorstep with construction equipment, demolish the car, and then just drive away.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Spinnetti wrote:

so the question is, whatcha gonna do 'bout it?

+1

E30's should all go up in flames...

Probably not really worth doing anything to the organizers, the internet will work its wonders anywhere they shows their faces.  It is what it is, he cut bait and took off.  I doubt they'll be back for another race.  If they are, they made their bed and will sleep in it.

Serious Business Motorsports
'84 BMW 325e. 
Official...ish BP Raceteam of the North Dallas Hooptie.

Maybe it's simpler than we think.  Maybe they just wanted their 15 minutes (ok, the internet makes it permanent) of fame/infamy?

BoB wrote:

I believe legally Jay could still buy it for $500.  According to the wording of the curse they still may still be allow it to be destroyed.

Actually it would be pretty funny for Jay and the crew to show up on their doorstep with construction equipment, demolish the car, and then just drive away.

I have a feeling they do that Lemons would be finished since they didn't exercise this option when they had the chance.

Simply put, I don't think they can DO anything unless these guys try to show up again. Something tells me that won't be happening though as it would only be through pure lunacy that they would apply AND BE ACCEPTED to the race again.

All this has made me decide that as long as the BS that is "the curse" still exists in Lemons,  it's not for me.

9 (edited by FreeRange 2009-06-09 07:15 PM)

DvBoard wrote:

All this has made me decide that as long as the BS that is "the curse" still exists in Lemons,  it's not for me.

Sweet, one less applicant!  Are you west coast, or east coast??

bitterjustice wrote:

Is unfairly crushing someone's car even legal?

Bitter Justice

I hate to point this out... but it's THEIR race... not ours.  This is not a democracy, it's a judgeocracy

DvBoard wrote:

Don't know how to drive, eh?  That's a real bitch.  You're totally right, you'd better stay on the side lines with the kiddos and the infirm, wouldn't want to put your race car in harms way.

BTW, when I say 'infirm' I'm not talking about you, John.  No worries buddy.  wink

DvBoard wrote:

If you are a sociable team, not annoying, and don't drive like a complete cock, you have nothing to worry about. 

Sorry but the curse is part of the fun of Lemons, and should be worn as a badge of honor (or something), either way you don't get the curse unless you earn it.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

HTFU  When you sign up it says you could lose your car !!!

Jay is our leader and its up to him what 's happens !!

All I know is you got to be some serious A holes to get picked 3 times

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

2. 33 ballots were submitted for the Curse. 24 votes were for the Miata, 7 were for the CaJun JiHad, and the remaining two were for random single teams

So it looks like relatively few people voted on the curse. Neither good nor bad I just assumed voting on the curse was compulsory. Interesting new bit of knowledge. I learned something new and now my day is complete.

15 (edited by RobL 2009-06-10 07:28 AM)

souseless wrote:

I learned something new and now my day is complete.

The day isn't even over.  Imagine what you could learn if you didn't stop learning after the first new thing! 

(but then you probably wouldn't be racing Lemons if you thought about it more...)

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

We didn't cast a vote in CMP in April.  Of course we really didn't know who to vote for since our 2nd driver took us out of competition just two hours in...  sad

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

well 33 out of 50 teams voted. that would be 67% ( which is probably better than most city elections)

24 of the 33 votes were for the number 2 which is 73%.

24 of the 50 ( 1 shy of half the possible votes) which is 48% of the possible

So basically for them not to get the curse every other vote would have to be for someone else, being the that there were a handful of votes for different teams as it was with those that voted they would have gotten the curse no matter who the other 17 teams voted.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

http://jebrown.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/conspiracy.jpg

I plan on racing again even though I heard what other people heard on the intercome system and what do you expect them to say.they got busted and our trying to crawfish out it.I WANT TO PERSONALLY INVITE THE #88 JIHAD BAD MANNERED PRICKS TO COME PLAY WITH US IN TEXAS.IF THEY ARE BRAVE ENOUGH

so is this a view of your next them .Aluminum foil helmets or armadillo shells !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

DAISY101 wrote:

I plan on racing again even though I heard what other people heard on the intercome system and what do you expect them to say.they got busted and our trying to crawfish out it.I WANT TO PERSONALLY INVITE THE #88 JIHAD BAD MANNERED PRICKS TO COME PLAY WITH US IN TEXAS.IF THEY ARE BRAVE ENOUGH

bad mannered?!

they had a GREAT theme that they kept weekend-long... saturday night we were walking around and they were very sociable, fun guys, just trying to have a blast with a POS automatic mitsubishi mirage that failed tech on so many levels that they had to work much of the night to fix it jsut to get entered...

i'm sure by bad mannered you mean "noisy at night"... guess what?  it's Lemons... it GETS noisy at night... people party... people drink... people karaoke... people have FUN... get the stick out of your ass, and go get a hotel if you don't want to be a part of that...

team #88 was a bunch of drag racers who had never road raced before... a group of guys who said "F yeah, this sounds like fun" and did it, to every shred of what i would say this race was about...

no, i've never met them before this weekend, but i damn well hope to see them in houston and see what they come up with for their next theme!

E30's should all go up in flames...

22 (edited by jimeditorial 2009-06-10 10:26 AM)

Don't understand why New Orleans has caused so much acrimony....how much fun are cheaters having anyway? As far as banning Miatas goes, Eyesore Racing was full value for their wins at Reno-Fernley...in the PontiHack Fiero I had firsthand experience of being passed by those guys and it was clean every time....it ain't the car, it's the ego behind the wheel.

Jim "Endo" Anderton

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

bitterjustice wrote:

Nick,

Next time you guys count the votes for the curse, may I suggest you turn off the intercom.

It came out over the intercom #88 Cajun Gihad got the curse.

Refer to fact #2.

And I had no idea we had open-channel communication a la the Starship Enterprise. Maybe it's built in to our Radio Shack bullhorn?

Wow, lots of acrimony.  Maybe Lemons HQ needs a ballot box and a Survivor-like opening of said box LOL.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

I took an informal poll at the hotel Sunday morning and at the track, every response except for one was for the miata.  They just weren't well liked by the teams, and the teams get to vote the peoples curse.

To say that Jay or anyone else rigged the voting is humorous seeing as how from what I heard over the entire weekend it would have been totally redundant.
Oh, and we also had a P/A speaker that pointed right at our pit that buzzed the ENTIRE weekend.

-Martin
Team SHOtime
1986 Formula 1 Benetton racing livery
Old themes - M*A*S*H - Red Rocket Rat car