Re: Deal Alert: SA2005 Helmets for $110USD

btp76 wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
ecugrad wrote:

From what I have been told, most people have helmets that are too big.  They are supposed to be snug

I just received mine today and it's definitely too small.  I know different manufacturers helmets fit people differently even when marked with the same size.

Therefore I have one of these (actually the quality is pretty decent) for sale for exactly what I paid NIB $110.00 plus exactly what it costs to ship it form me (27822) to you.

Anyone who is interested please e-mail me vkz24@wpc.net

What size?

Size is Large.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Mine came today.  I got two larges for guys on my team, and they are much smaller than I expected, though I have a very big head.  Hopefully we've got at least two people on the team with tiny heads.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

I received my XL today...and well, it's more of a medium size.  FWIW, the hemet is also made for round shaped heads - those with oval heads need not order one.

John

29 (edited by bongle 2009-06-04 12:58 PM)

I guess this is why whenever you search for TRP Ultraflow on google you get people selling them.  Everyone orders their typical size then gets screwed.

Anyway, for those who are also like "oh shit, where's the SA2005 rating?", it is behind the left side padding about halfway toward the back, overlaid on an orange sticker.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Fish wrote:

You pay for what you get just remember that. The differences you will notice right away is the weight and wearing comfort....

smile

31 (edited by jad3675 2009-06-04 04:02 PM)

Fish wrote:
Fish wrote:

You pay for what you get just remember that. The differences you will notice right away is the weight and wearing comfort....

smile

Hey now, no gloating. smile

For the price it's not a bad helmet.  It's not too heavy, and the padding isn't made from burlap - it's too bad the sizes are way off, and that it is made for round heads.  My fiance, who wears a size M in most motorcycle helmets said this XL fit her head fine.

Since this is a budget racing series, and for me a SA2005 helmet is a SA2005 helmet - would the Pyrotect helmet in the package deal really be that much better?  Probably not.

John

Yep, that's why I'm making my helmet out of Duct Tape and oily rags.

Three times as heavy, 4 times as flammable. $12.50 all in.

Haha!
I got my two in (Large and XL) and they do fit snug. I wear a medium in Zamp and the large seems snug but was wearable. The XL should work (I hope) for the other drivers

I bought myself a Fulmer helmet off ebay for 150 shipped in flat black and got it in as well. Nice helmet for the money. I got a medium but might have gone for a large. Might be fine though as they should be snug. Hopefully it will break in to be just right.

Team Victors of War (those idiots in the wife-beaters and white pants)

Looking to pick up one of those available "larges". Have emailed 2 of you. If both are still available, I'd take both (1 from each of you).

--Spank