Topic: Watch the Rebel Z 280ZX get wiggly in Louisiana

Here's a video from the Grille Cam the Cajun Jihadis were kind enough to let me install in their Mirage at No Problem on Saturday. The Rebel Z 280ZX passes the Jihadmobile, then starts to lose it. Nice recovery, but we saw them in the penalty box for the four-wheels-offness of the move.

Re: Watch the Rebel Z 280ZX get wiggly in Louisiana

Is it just me, or does that Z need moar camber in the back?  'Cause then it would have, like, ALL of the camber. yikes

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

That was a nice save. Murilee, what equipment are you using for those grille-cam videos? A Chasecam? Or a Flip?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

That was a nice save. Murilee, what equipment are you using for those grille-cam videos? A Chasecam? Or a Flip?

A cheapo eBay "Rage Cam" bullet camera and a DXG-521 DVR ziptied to the rollcage. However, you can do it more cheaply- the Tunachuckers just ziptied one of those $60 Costco cameras into the grille (with duct tape over the mic) and got pretty good footage. The key is camera placement- the lower it is, the faster the car appears to be going.

He's just practicing his drifting........

6 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-06-09 12:44 PM)

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/06/Jihad_Camera_Location.jpg

Here's the camera location. The lower it is, the faster the car appears to be going in the video. Since the camera is likely to hit a bumper or get smacked with a rod ejected from someone's puked engine, don't put a nice camera in this location.

I love the random cone mid-track

We would gladly wear your camera for Buttonwillow smile  The footage is awesome

FreeRange wrote:

OK, just give me power and ground wires somewhere in the RH dash area, a place on the rollbar to attach the DVR, and a 1/2" grommeted hole in the firewall for the camera cables. I might rig up some kind of Lexan shield for the camera; I suspect that the cars will be driving through a constant hail of shattered engine parts at Buttonwillow. Valves spewing out the tailpipe!

MurileeMartin wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

OK, just give me power and ground wires somewhere in the RH dash area, a place on the rollbar to attach the DVR, and a 1/2" grommeted hole in the firewall for the camera cables. I might rig up some kind of Lexan shield for the camera; I suspect that the cars will be driving through a constant hail of shattered engine parts at Buttonwillow. Valves spewing out the tailpipe!

K we will get it setup

FreeRange wrote:

K we will get it setup

If you can also rig up a camera-cable grommeted hole going to the rear of the car, that would be even better. I'd like to get both forward- and rear-facing video.

Hi,
To bad they did not mention the fist fight and foul mouths till the wee hours of the mornings.I wonder if they kiss their mothers with thay mouth.

sorry i should have said what car jihad@88

FreeRange wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

K we will get it setup

And by 'we' you mean.... smile

DAISY101 wrote:

sorry i should have said what car jihad@88

for gods sake, let it go. Sore losers.

It's a Miata, get him........