Topic: 88 BMW 735i with M30 + Turbo/intercooler?

Any of you Bimmer guys know if the stock fuel system on an M30 can handle a Craigslisted Mitsu T25 putting out 7PSI? 

I'm mostly familiar with DSM's and Audis.  I figure with the MAF on the atmosphere side of the turbo, the computer should meter fuel properly w/o adding a RRFPR, as long as I use a recirculating bypass valve.

Re: 88 BMW 735i with M30 + Turbo/intercooler?

You're worried about a BMW's fuel system being able to handle a turbo?  I think you had better be worried about what the judges are going to do to you when you show up with a turbo charged BMW.

On second thought, yeah it'll be fine.  Just make sure I have my video camera ready before you show up for the BS inspection.

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

It should be able to handle about 8-12lbs before you need to upgrade.  You can use Ford injectors in the M30.  Judges, if you need any info on how to spot this stuff, i'd be happy to point this out for a GTFO Jail Free card big_smile

Serious Business Motorsports
'84 BMW 325e. 
Official...ish BP Raceteam of the North Dallas Hooptie.

I have a feeling the judges have seen enough BMWs that they can spot anything out of the ordinary pretty quickly these days.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

their sick of Miatas too, but the chopped up and ghetto-charged Miatallac won their hearts.

Enough heart and theme can neutralize the penalty laps.

The Sharks managed to make their E28 survive with a junkyard turbocharger... at high altitude in Nevada. We have no problem with ghettocharged Lemons cars, as long as they come with convincing documentation.

MurileeMartin wrote:

The Sharks managed to make their E28 survive with a junkyard turbocharger... at high altitude in Nevada. We have no problem with ghettocharged Lemons cars, as long as they come with convincing documentation.

A head gasket that is permanently fused between the head and the block through 25 years of neglect certainly helps!

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

Sweet.  You can get used T25's and 14B's for $50, and intercoolers for $30 or less on CL all the time.  The most fun will be the $0 homebrew fabjob on the exhaust and IC piping.  I'm pretty sure we'll have to put a "For tobacco use only" sticker on it somewhere.

So, I'm already sensing that even a heavy pig of a BMW (unless you compare it with a new M3...) with worn out suspension, peeling clearcoat, surface rust, sagging headliner, a slutbox tranny, and driveability issues will garner jealousy votes for the Curse?  What if two of the drivers are haut chix, and they occaisionally make out in the pits?  That changes everything, right?

MurileeMartin wrote:

How about bringing screencaptures of all CL ads AND the previous owner of the car?  She can be pretty convincing in a halter top.

Turboner wrote:

So, I'm already sensing that even a heavy pig of a BMW (unless you compare it with a new M3...) with worn out suspension, peeling clearcoat, surface rust, sagging headliner, a slutbox tranny, and driveability issues will garner jealousy votes for the Curse?

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/11/37_crush.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

Actually, that was a very clean 740i. A beat-to-crap 7 series, even with turbocharging, would most likely be safe from the Curse.

MurileeMartin wrote:
Turboner wrote:

So, I'm already sensing that even a heavy pig of a BMW (unless you compare it with a new M3...) with worn out suspension, peeling clearcoat, surface rust, sagging headliner, a slutbox tranny, and driveability issues will garner jealousy votes for the Curse?

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/20 … _crush.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

Actually, that was a very clean 740i. A beat-to-crap 7 series, even with turbocharging, would most likely be safe from the Curse.

I have a bucket of old Rajay 300F compressors. Thats good to know, Id like to start fabricating the plumbing for it soon.

I feel better already wink  We'll be the team pouring free beer and turning omelettes before the race.