Topic: Car numbers

We're signed up for Stafford but haven't received a car number (well it's entirely possible that the guy in charge of registration received it and lost it in a drunken stuppor) - are there designated numbers?  How does one get theirs?  Thanks

2 (edited by RobL 2009-06-18 06:00 AM)

Re: Car numbers

You have to pick one from the entry form in your online application - they are not specifically assigned by a registrar.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

thanks - i guess i was right that our forms guy was drunk.

pcross71 wrote:

thanks - i guess i was right that our forms guy was drunk.

I don't know that this is evidence of that. You can't select a number until AFTER you are accepted into the race. So even if your forms guy was sober (which he probably wasn't), the lack of a number isn't evidence of his inebriation. Cheers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Now I need a drink! - what do we now do to request the number (we have, no doubt through an oversight, been accepted)?

If you have been accepted, you should be able to log in to your team online and select your number from a drop-down.  If you don't see a number.. you werent accepted (assuming they already sent out the emails)

^ + if you were, in fact, accepted, there will be a drop down box in the details of your car info. 

Go: Entry Forms, Select your race, select your team (not accepted won't get any further than this), enter your captain's email and password, then log in to the details page.

Last time I checked, numbers 00 - 999 were available. 

Choose one of those. 

You can change it as often as you like so long as no other team has taken your favorite number, in which case, you might break down, sob and then try to contact that team to buy it from them in beer and plundered booty.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."