Re: in-race communication

FWIW, we permanently attached our PTT button to the e-brake handle since it was easy to feel without fumbling around. Worked great.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

LTDScott wrote:

FWIW, we permanently attached our PTT button to the e-brake handle since it was easy to feel without fumbling around. Worked great.

That's... actually a really sensible idea.

JoeGekko wrote:
LTDScott wrote:

That's... actually a really sensible idea.

I'm not just good looks, you know.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Voice Of Reason wrote:

since we've already ordered ours, i think that this company makes a good solution to the problem.

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/throat … -2799.html

$165.00

two hand sets
two throat mics
two chargers

is win?

My biggest concern (other than if the FRS/GMRS will work sufficiently) would be if those earpieces will be really uncomfortable under the helmet.

If those throat mics are set to VOX, they are likely to be overwhelmed by the ambient noise of a Lemons race. You might want to think about how to incorporate a push-to-talk button into the setup. Bear in mind that we're prohibited from having loose radios in the car.

Murilee posted somewhere above that once upon a time he was able to hook up an external antenna to a FRS/GMRS radio to get better reception, but that it's against FCC regulations to do so. So if you want the Radio Police chasing after you, you could do that. smile Cheers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

That looks pretty cool. Might have to check that out for our team.

Team Victors of War (those idiots in the wife-beaters and white pants)

LTDScott wrote:

I like it...you can yell YEE HAW! while yanking the e-brake.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas