Topic: Timing Light from Reno Found -Sparky Pete?-

Reno guys, I got home and found I had two of the exact same timing light.  One is mine, one is not.  If you were pitted near us (Free Range, windmill etc) and are missing a timing light let me know.  I'm betting it's someone from the MG group.

Re: Timing Light from Reno Found -Sparky Pete?-

Not sure how often he posts on here.  Should leave him a note on his blog

http://killerbeeracing.blogspot.com

Yup, it's mine. Must have missed this post.

We won't be at Buttonwillow due to family commitments, although we WILL be at Concours d'Lemons in Monterey so it's not a total loss of a weekend. I entered the Killer Bee and my old Datsun 411, assuming they accept my junk for the show.

www.concoursdlemons.com

I can pick up the light from 'yall next time we meet up at the track. Thunderhill maybe?

"Sparky" Pete

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

T-hill it is.

I'd be happy to mail it to you if you need it Pete...
Although I assume at this point you can do it purely by sound smile

Maybe you can just blink your eyes really slow?

FreeRange wrote:

I'd be happy to mail it to you if you need it Pete...
Although I assume at this point you can do it purely by sound smile

Maybe you can just blink your eyes really slow?

So... you caught me blinking at the timing marks... embarrassing.

I brought the light just in case I REALLY screwed something up. Usually I just advance the timing till it rattles like a VW diesel, then back it off till it quiets down. I do the blink just for Q.A.

Setting the timing on an MG is an exercise in futility. Setting it to 15 deg BTDC average,  usually results in +/- 30 deg one moment to the next.  Kicking it only hurts your foot.

I'll pick it up at T-hill, thanks, lol!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.