1 (edited by Scud.Ig 2010-11-09 01:06 PM)

Topic: Long lost Tyrell-Corvette-Peterbuilt on ebay

What could *possibly* go wrong?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Costum-m … 43a30ca78f

This is a car that is hard to describe. It is design to be a sports car with 8 wheels. the body is custom made of fiberglass the frame is steel tubing. there is no interior in it. the detentions are 204in long x 81in wide x 40in tall I don't know the weight of it. This car is all black.  This would make a great one off car to drive around town or just buy it for its parts and scrap the rest of it. It has no title and can be titled as an kit car style title. I have not tried to start or drive this car, it does need to be towed.  Here is a list of the Items it has in it.

(2 sets) GM style front suspension
(2sets) Jaguar rear suspension
Holley fuel pump (GPH110)
(2) Mazda Twin rotary engines put together
(4) MSD ignitions (S200)
(2) Gas Tanks
Plexiglas windows
Corvette Steering Column
full set of led gauges
Custom made aluminum seat pans
Carbs (Dellorto 5388)
Racing Beat intake manifold
single rack-en pinion steering

This car is sold as is were is

Re: Long lost Tyrell-Corvette-Peterbuilt on ebay

What has been seen cannot be unseen.  We have been to the top of the mountain, and it is ugly!  I don't know that that wonderful piece of engineering could be driven on track, but I know a couple of mustached, rob wearing, free booze swilling drivers that would fit right into it, and would happily drive it at whatever paddock you would bring it to.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

OMG .. can you imagine trying to keep two rotaries running at the same time? And two sets of inboard brakes? All it needs to make it perfect are some Lucas electrics..

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

OMG does not begin to do this justice. Jay should require the P&M guys to buy this and race it as penance for the Gingerman motor, if they install the Gingerman motor in it. Holy crap.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

5 (edited by Crab Spirits 2010-11-09 02:11 PM)

Things like this deserve budget exemption, or use it as a "This is your new racecar" penalty.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

I am in awe.
Length of a long-wheelbase minivan, height of a Lotus, mechanical complexity of Willy Wonka's entire factory.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Batman would crap in his batsuit if he saw that thing.

BlackIronRacing_V wrote:

I think he'd be more likely to piss himself laughing.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

I can hear the penalty box conversation now:

Driver One: That black car tried to dive bomb me, and when I turned in, we made contact ..."

Driver Two: "How could I dive bomb you, I was still on the back straight..."

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Crab Spirits wrote:

Things like this deserve budget exemption, or use it as a "This is your new racecar" penalty.

I think that budget exemption goes without saying for a monstrosity like this. What a nightmare this would be to drive -- but what a blast to see on the track. It really needs a nasty V-8 in it though.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

How do I get it on my trailer?

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

My wife, and I quote:" That's messed up. So sounds like a fabulous idea."

She's a keeper.

I want to know what sick, twisted genius made this monstrosity, and why is he not one someone's team yet.  That thing is awful from every angle.  It almost looks like it started as a bradley gt perhaps.

Bloomington, IN
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Me: "look at this car."
Wife: "Good heavens, what is that thing?"
Me: "Yeah, who knows why, there's no real reason to build that thing."
Wife: "And when has that ever stopped you?"
Me: "Fair point."

Of course, she doesn't know about the projects that almost happened because of this forum but that I passed up...

I had to look away to prevent a bid.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Mulry wrote:

Of course, she doesn't know about the projects that almost happened because of this forum but that I passed up...

Triumph Stag?

Where does one park such a vehicle?

Wherever the hell one pleases.

I seriously wonder what I could sell quickly to buy this beast, so full of win.

Amateur Welder, Professional Grinder

No seriously, what could go wrong?

YesIFit wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Triumph Stag?

Yeah, and even more seriously that Alfa Giulia Veloce down in Austin a month or so ago that Scud.Ig posted. I just barely managed to talk some sense into myself before pulling the trigger on that one. I'm still surprised I passed on it, to be honest. I had the outlines of an engine swap figured out, etc., but I really didn't want to put a crappy 4AGE into an Alfa, and everything else was not exotic enough (rotary power -- would have worked great, but meh) or too expensive/difficult (Maserati Quattroporte in Denver anyone?) smile

One of these days the planets will align and I'll pick up an orphan car for a song and find a way to make a real hoon out of it. Someday...

PunisherBass wrote:
BlackIronRacing_V wrote:

I think he'd be more likely to piss himself laughing.

Say what you will, but it's a damned good thing I'm not in charge of our little enterprise, because if I were we'd have a new "asset".

The twin-rotaries sound like a positively BRILLIANT idea, though. Have to file that one away for future utilization.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

WTF Mate?

EyeMWing wrote:

Say what you will, but it's a damned good thing I'm not in charge of our little enterprise, because if I were we'd have a new "asset".

The twin-rotaries sound like a positively BRILLIANT idea, though. Have to file that one away for future utilization.

I knew you were crazy, but I didn't know you were a masochist.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Oh my...  I'm in love!  I got so excited when I saw this, I kinda had to go change my pants!  Maybe thats a bit too much info!  Who on earth would want to put more than 2 axles on a car anyways though...  Yep, I'm guilty as charged.  Just wish this thing was a little closer to Tejas!

I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life there. When I stop coming here, I will be well...

I want to know who put the bid in on it.

Bloomington, IN

Damn it, I was planning on hunting the car down since Des plaines isn't to far from me and offering him $10 after it failed to sell.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I have the guy's number.
Might check this thing out maybe tomorrow. Anyone else want to go?

1969 Subaru 360