Re: Long lost Tyrell-Corvette-Peterbuilt on ebay

No, but I'm still fighting the urge to bid.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

How does the sterring work?  Two sets of wheels turning?  What was the creator thinking?  Why?  Flabbergasted...

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

We had a discussion about Tyrell steering in a different thread a couple months ago. Bill Heckler (I think) described how it could work pretty cogently and then someone posted a diagram too.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Crab Spirits wrote:

I have the guy's number.
Might check this thing out maybe tomorrow. Anyone else want to go?

I am not planning on bidding on it, so I would feel weird going on my own but would love to tag along to see it.  What time were you going go there?

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Speedycop wrote:

No, but I'm still fighting the urge to bid.

You of all people could make this work.  Of course that would be after 4 straight weeks of non-stop thrashing, and you would get 25 laps on sunday afternoon before it burst into flames, but you could make it work.  You should bid.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I'll need a line of credit...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

This would be the greatest Lemons car of all freakin' time!

Phil, are you just taunting Speedy?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

34 (edited by DaveH 2010-11-10 09:04 PM)

Yeah, but doesn't this thing violate every part of Rule 2.1?

2.1: Vehicle Eligibility: Entry limited to mass-produced, four-wheeled vehicles legal for US highway use at the time of their manufacture. Vehicles must be acquired and prepared for a maximum of $500 as described in Section 4. Vehicles must meet all safety standards laid out in Section 3. The vehicle's original, manufacturer-stated curb weight may not exceed 4200 pounds. Individual waivers may be granted; just don't ask about Peterbilts, Zambonis, sidecars, or golf carts again. We already said no.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

Every part except the individual waiver...

I think the waiver is already signed, just waiting for Speedycop to send the email.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

DaveH wrote:

Yeah, but doesn't this thing violate every part of Rule 2.1?

2.1: Vehicle Eligibility: Entry limited to mass-produced, four-wheeled vehicles legal for US highway use at the time of their manufacture. Vehicles must be acquired and prepared for a maximum of $500 as described in Section 4. Vehicles must meet all safety standards laid out in Section 3. The vehicle's original, manufacturer-stated curb weight may not exceed 4200 pounds. Individual waivers may be granted; just don't ask about Peterbilts, Zambonis, sidecars, or golf carts again. We already said no.

Sure, but your analysis fails to take into account the Great Unwritten Rule of Lemons: Awesome Trumps All (except safety).

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

That is so full of win. Unfortunately(?) it won't fit on my trailer. I'm not sure if it would fit on any trailer.

EriktheAwful wrote:

That is so full of win. Unfortunately(?) it won't fit on my trailer. I'm not sure if it would fit on any trailer.

Why would you want to trailer such a wonderful thing.  CLearly this should be driven to and from all events.

Facebook Page

I can't wait to pass it in the corners. I think I will have to start by practicing passing semi's on the corners on some of our mountain roads. big_smile

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

I can't wait to pass it in the corners.

http://signs-decals.com/images/This_Vehicle_Wide_Turns_Decal_Sticker,%20DOT.jpg

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

42 (edited by DC Doug 2010-11-11 07:49 PM)

Well, someone's placed a bid on it.  Upping the min by a whopping $25... clearly a Lemony bid.

Only four days left... don't let it get away!

Jeff, please don't do this.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I need 4-5 guys to chip in $500 each. I'll buy it, prep it, and guarantee the guys a seat for the cost of the Lemons fees ($225 each). You will be instant LEGENDS.

I'm serious.

Must...resist...gravitational...pull...of...speedycop's...insanity!!!

I think I found one of his other creations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jENWKgMPY&t=0m40s

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

So tempting.  Has anyone verified this would be allowed in the race.  It seems to have enough metal to make it no a complete death trap.

As for tracks make sure it doesn't have a chicane.  Hate to cause the first Lemons race to be canceled because a car was wedged in the chicane during the transponder check laps.

Facebook Page

47 (edited by Speedycop 2010-11-12 07:58 AM)

Chicanes are probably a thing of the past. They cause more wrecks than they prevent. Jay has told me that after the '61 Caddy, he would pretty much waiver anything I want.

I have one taker already that just paypal'd me. That only leaves room for four. If you snooze, you'll be watching us hog the track and kicking yourself...

BTW, it will fit in my 24' trailer...barely!

This car wouldn't be nearly as awesome without T-tops.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

How about a Corvette (Extra-Long) Summer theme? We've been dying to see this done anyway and this one is oh-so-close.

The only theme this thing needs is Hot Wheels/Mattel livery.

Can't wait to hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox2wgHqrNy0

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360