Re: Name that G.L.C.O.A.T. contest

Scud.Ig wrote:

I really like Knight Train -- put red lamps in that nose light pod and sample a few K.I.T.T. phrases.  Have the team ALL dress as The Hoff

I like Knight Train too!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

27 (edited by Speedycop 2010-12-09 07:27 AM)

Scud.Ig wrote:

I really like Knight Train -- put red lamps in that nose light pod and sample a few K.I.T.T. phrases.  Have the team ALL dress as The Hoff

Just wondering, did you get this name from my facebook? I posted Street Train, and Knight Invader was offset in my list below it, so at a glance it says Knight Train!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Vaders Rader. The interior looks like his chest panel and the whole thing looks like Vader.

Speedycop wrote:
Scud.Ig wrote:

Just wondering, did you get this name from my facebook? I posted Street Train, and Knight Invader was offset in my list below it, so at a glance it says Knight Train!

Nope, don't have you on FB.  See post 12 in the thread, someone else made the suggestion and I just added the theme idea

I think the thing looks like an SR71.  Perhaps "Blackbird R8D"?  (R=rotary 8=wheels D=deluxe)  Or "BR8D" for short, complete with its own pun.

Or, to take one of the audience response lines from Rocky Horror way back in the day:  They shouted "tight as a vise and twice as nice" anytime someone mentioned Janet.  So, to go with the "twice as nice" notion, you could simply call the car "Janet".

I think all of the Darth Vader and Knight Rider stuff (while extremely appropriate) is way overdone.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc402/benhowe/longshot-1.jpg

LonGShot (with double o effect)

Kinda looks like the car.

Black Mamba
More deadly than a Viper or a Cobra

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
dculberson wrote:

TROGDOR!

the Burninator!!!

this

brianremmers wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:
dculberson wrote:

TROGDOR!

the Burninator!!!

this

It will require flaming exhaust to burninate the peasants and/or countryside.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

G.L.C.O.A.T. is quite good already.
I like Trogdor but not everyone is familiar with the reference (though it's damn near everyone). The Burninator lends itself to faux Eliminator themes.

Or keep it simple... "El Ocho" is good, though we did already use faux ESPN8 livery for Nelson Ledges.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I like GLCOAT

or ....

IT

therood wrote:
brianremmers wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:

the Burninator!!!

this

It will require flaming exhaust to burninate the peasants and/or countryside.

does it have a big beefy arm with a knife?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

"Double Wanker"

I agree with your wife: Loco Ocho (or Ocho Loco).

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Since it has 2X of everything, is racing in a series where a single successfully completed lap is often reason to celebrate, and it is owned by a cop, what about Double Jeopardy?

okay okay okay, i have the best idea ever for the G.L.C.O.A.T. name! it comes with a theme too. ready?

call it the Puma!

anyone know why? smile

Serj wrote:

okay okay okay, i have the best idea ever for the G.L.C.O.A.T. name! it comes with a theme too. ready?

call it the Puma!

anyone know why? smile

...because it looks more like a Puma?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:3b2mflpkktWycM:http://www.langaming.net/m/userfiles/image/articles/nerdrage/vehicles/halo_warthog.jpg&t=1

nadair wrote:
Serj wrote:

call it the Puma!

anyone know why? smile

...because it looks Kinda like a big cat?

[url]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:3b2m … pg&t=1[url]

fixed it for you smile

running around in power armor costumes and referring to caddywrecker as "Caboose" would be classic! (that and seeing a dude in pink armor would be the icing on the cake)

If Neal Stephenson could have conceived of a beast as great as the GLCOAT, then I'm sure that it would have been the model for the Deliverator in "Snow Crash." I guess technically the driver is the Deliverator, but you could name the car that and only cognoscenti would know, and none of them would care. But clearly this car has a contact patch the size of a fat lady's thigh.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

46 (edited by Serj 2010-12-10 09:27 AM)

okay okay, last shot; Call it the Eye of Thundara and dress up like this:

http://hunternuttall.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/thundercats.jpg

decorate/paint it like the thundertank for big win!

Mulry wrote:

If Neal Stephenson could have conceived of a beast as great as the GLCOAT, then I'm sure that it would have been the model for the Deliverator in "Snow Crash." I guess technically the driver is the Deliverator, but you could name the car that and only cognoscenti would know, and none of them would care. But clearly this car has a contact patch the size of a fat lady's thigh.

Jeff could be the Hiro Protagonist of Lemons.

Serj wrote:

call it the Puma!

anyone know why? smile

Serj stop making up animals, why doesn't he just call it chupathingy

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I think I got the best yet. 

Since Speedycop is worried about having the body panels reshaped during the heat of battle (like that ever happens), why not put an amber light bar across the top and call it "The Official Pace Car for the 24 Hours of Lemons".

Can't you just picture the field of Lemons following that to take the green flag!

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Serj stop making up animals, why doesn't he just call it chupathingy

La Choo-choo-pacabra?