Re: Bat-sChIT(ROËN)-Crazy?

He says the clutch is OK cruising but not so great on onramps. He has places to work on the car in middle and east Texas, so perhaps someone in TX knows where to find a '71 ID19 clutch on short notice?

Judge Phil wrote:

He says the clutch is OK cruising but not so great on onramps. He has places to work on the car in middle and east Texas, so perhaps someone in TX knows where to find a '71 ID19 clutch on short notice?

From the other "Spank-watch post"...

I checked with Oakland's Citroen Headquarters (http://jalopnik.com/353620/you-can-brin … to-hanzels) and Dad (oddly) does not have a spare.  He says if it slips bad just try adjusting the play.  It's near the steering rack.  These guys in Austin, TX may be of use... http://www.frenchrev.com/index.html

I just googled the same fix...

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

jw33 wrote:

I just googled the same fix...

As did I.  Tried to rattle anyone I know, but they are all of no use when it comes to french cars.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I text to Spank how to adjust the clutch and the amount of free play needed so he is going to pull over and adjust it and let us know. He did say his temporary pass side window blew out during some crazy wind and almost lost his drivers side also.

Pen

31 (edited by TexanIdiot25 2010-12-26 03:11 PM)

Arizona Citroën Enthusiasts
Christopher Contes
c/o GM Copr.
85216-0100
13303 So.Ellsworth road AZ
USA

edit: Where does he plan to stop in Texas? I'm in Houston.

Spank adjusted the clutch and found the pedal was going over center causing it to ride the clutch so he re-adjusted it and ran a bungie cord from the clutch pedal to the back of the dash and he is back on the road with his fingers crossed.

Pen

More info for Houston:

http://www.downtownhouston.com/car_club … /hfcc.html

Parts in Houston

Disortex Inc.

10910 Stancliff Road

Houston, Texas 77099

281-530-2600

Disortex is a distributor and retailer of Peugeot parts. They are the largest independent supplier in North American, and just happen to be located in Houston.

=============================

BAP/GEON

3403 Gulf Fwy
Houston, TX 77003
(713) 227-1544

5900 North Fwy # 106c
Houston, TX 77076
(713) 695-0315
6423 Richmond Ave # A
Houston, TX 77057
(713) 783-5122

BAP/GEON carries many items for imported cars. Beck-Arnley, Sachs, and Bosch are some of lines they carry.
If you have questions or information regarding anything ranging from parts and service to where I can find a pristine abandoned Citroen DS in Houston! , then email me at:

francoheritage@hotmail.com

m610 wrote:

I am sure Jay already see's the potential in this and is probably already planning some kind of crap-can gumball rally involving cars leaving the east and west coasts at the same time, meeting in the middle, then continuing on to the opposite coast. All in cars incapable of breaking the speed limit, of course.

I hope someone out the word to the Citroen community and that they are mobilized to help Spank.

Oh man...if he set this up, meeting in the middle for a 24 at Heartland Park....

go Spank!  Hope to see you this week!

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

I've been trying to talk Jay into participating in a Napoleon's Retreat From Moscow Rally. Each contestant must drive a French car. The rally starts in Moscow, Idaho and goes to Paris, Texas. In winter. Diptheria and starvation optional.

I'd run a Peugeot 504.

Paris California to New London North Carolina?

psh, real challenge would be Moscow, Maine to Paris, California. only 3,200mi and 2 route options that have the same travel time!

Judge Phil wrote:

I've been trying to talk Jay into participating in a Napoleon's Retreat From Moscow Rally. Each contestant must drive a French car. The rally starts in Moscow, Idaho and goes to Paris, Texas. In winter. Diptheria and starvation optional.

I'd run a Peugeot 504.

I am down with this.

Pen

Forget Idaho.
I admit ME to CA would be epic, but I think Moscow MI to Paris TX is a more realistic goal for the amount of time off normal participants in cheap-car rallies can manage.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Whatever the distance between Moscow, Russia to Paris France... that's what we want for this rally.

Spanks needs a electric water pump in El Paso tomorrow. He is 67 miles out right now.

Turns out that's about 1,500 miles. The Idaho-Texas run is about 1,900. Moscow Idaho to Paris Iowa is about 1,600 miles, with appropriate weather.

43 (edited by TexanIdiot25 2010-12-27 12:14 AM)

Where is he (hopefully) stopping in Houston tomorrow?

I kinda want to sit on I10 and watch the Chitron chug through.

Spank made it to El Paso and has checked in for the night. Tomorrow the repair saga begins.

He says the lead from the Citroen Quarterly was a disconnected phone number. Ah well - it had no date. He's at the Machine shop in El Paso now, inspecting alternative solutions.

I called all the speed shops in El Paso and they do not have any electric water pumps in stock. ANYBODY GOT IDEAS?

the pump has the pinholes right? have we established they're some sort of test/inspection holes or are they not supposed to be there? why not tack some welds into the pinholes with a mig?

Home depot sells "drill powered" bildge pumps with a garden hose connection for the in and out.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

The latest Prius has an electric water pump, no?

The holes are cast into the pump body so if the water pump seal fails it drains out the holes and does not get to the water pump bearing and burn it out. If the bearing goes out then he is really screwed. We have tried the Home Depot pump trick before and as soon as the water gets up to temp the plastic impeller starts slipping on the steel shaft but it worked good for thirty minutes.