51 (edited by Spinnetti 2009-05-26 04:45 PM)

Re: WHAT have I done!!!!!!

dculberson wrote:

Spinnetti, awesome scores!  Your LS400 looks better than my wife's...  If you were interested in recouping some of your costs, I might come up and buy some parts from it.  I need some trim, we could trade a fender, trade the front bumper, etc.  I would pay for them and you would still have parts to put on there - just mismatched and slightly dented parts.  It would give you some breathing room in your budget.

I hope your project goes well, because it is one seriously cool idea.  Especially for Lemons!

Thanks!

This car has air suspension, phone, 6 disc changer, motorized steering wheel memory... I think it has every option. I could have fixed and sold it for a good profit. My team was not very nice to me on this, so I was just going to fix the air suspension and drive it or sell it, but I took the short end of the stick.  I'm sure I'll regret that sooner rather than later.

On parts, Absolutely! that's what Lemons is all about. I don't need the spares back. I'll strip it and dump it when done anyway (I know, kind of sad). What do you need? I'm either using or keeping all the driveline and suspension related stuff, but everything else goes. Heck, if the price is right, come take the whole shell away (need some thing to roll it on) email me at dspinnett (at) insightbb (dot) com and you can make me an offer and come grab some stuff - Sooner the better as we will start tearing it apart this weekend. I was going to ebay all the shippable stuff, and craigsbay the rest, but you are welcome to take first crack at it.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

I dropped you an email just now.  Most of the parts I can use are useless to you, so hopefully I can come up with time to come get 'em!  The shell would be great, but I'm pressed for space and time at the moment.  (Aren't we all??)

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Well, started work on the project today... after some hummin and hawwin, we decided to do this project in 3 stages of its (hopefull) lifecycle.

1. Just run the Lexus - I think the theme will be "The Dead Presidents" as a presidential limo.
2. Put the Lexus engine in the Corolla - The original "Hachi Hibachi" theme.
3. Run the original engine in the Corolla (probably the most competitive of the 3)

We got most of the interior gutted except the IP and cutting the door shells. MAN that thing has a lot of wiring! I think we got out a couple hundred lb so far, but took all day!

This is some of the team - I'm the crazy lookin one front right.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3074/cimg1636.jpg

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

54 (edited by Spinnetti 2009-06-01 04:56 PM)

dculberson wrote:

I dropped you an email just now.  Most of the parts I can use are useless to you, so hopefully I can come up with time to come get 'em!  The shell would be great, but I'm pressed for space and time at the moment.  (Aren't we all??)

Hmm. must have missed your mail.. Since I had to do something with the shell anyway, may as well just race it... Need any interior stuff? Cell phone, 6disc changer? Email me some pics of the parts you want to swap me, and what its worth to you. Need to do before we paint it. Doors are getting gutted Saturday, so if you need doors, time to let me know!

Spinnetti wrote:

I could have fixed and sold it for a good profit. My team was not very nice to me on this, so I was just going to fix the air suspension and drive it or sell it, but I took the short end of the stick.  I'm sure I'll regret that sooner rather than later.

Oh, please, Spinnetti.  Yea, but if you sold the Lexus you would have had more money, which we know is the root of all evil.  So why not have fun with our group of young engineers and let bygones be bygones.  Pretty please.  You know I will make it up to you.

'94 Alfa Spider Veloce CE, '69 Alfa GTV, '65 Alfa Giulia Super
'05 Toyota 4-Runner, '12 Lexus CT200h

Spinnetti, since you're running the car, don't worry about it.  I had an evil weekend - buying a new house and the bank is full of screw ups.  It's nice to have a bank apologizing to me for a change but it's not nice having a big purchase like that in flux.  We finally got closed last night but - long story medium - it's been and going to be a busy enough time that I shouldn't go running off to Kentucky for car parts.  Thanks, though!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.