Re: Update the Lemons Wikipedia entry

From what I understand, Jay is still dreaming about it

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

No more time for me to mess with this before the race.  Hitting the road Wednesday!

Oh, wait... no... I'm doing more research so that I can write the best Wikipedia article EVER.  Yeah.  That's it.

See y'all Friday!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

So who wrote this part? Bonus points for the use of "greedy putos!"

Debate rages within the Lemons community as to the most hella cheating car ever caught by the Judges during the BS inspection process. To date, the highest number of laps ever assigned to a car is 13,500 laps by some dolts in a BMW E30 at the 2009 Fall South event. Team Bimmer Boys were written up for 135 laps for having the 2009 Lemons cliche cheater mobile -- a BMW 325e with a limited slip differential. Being rocket scientists, the team decided to change the "135" on their Tech and BS sheet to "$35." When the Judges and Chief Perp Lamm heard about this they went ballistic, quickly tacking on 13,500 laps, as well as making the car start the race 135 minutes late. The above is hella retarded for several reasons, not the least of which being that there's no difference between 35 and 135 laps, all said and done, as there is no prize for anything below first place and 35 laps tkaes a team out of contention just as effectively as 135 laps. Moreover, Team Bimmer Boys paid good money to go racing and wasted over two hours of their weekend by being greedy putos. Ha ha!

Dunno who it is, all we have is the IP:  76.173.78.96

I'll tell you, though... it's damned difficult to try to write a "real" Wikipedia article when people keep trashing it up.  I'll leave it to the Wiki police to clean it up.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

My only problem with that part is the "tkaes" typo.

Someone needs to add photos of some of the great themes we've seen. Like, say, Eyesore Pimpin:

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/05/medium_2481751599_69c332647a_o.jpg

Assuming the article isn't FUBAR by then, sometime next week when I feel like messing with it again, my plan is to add a section about Judges, a section about BS Judging, clean up the Awards section, add a People's Curse section... try to proofread the whole thing (that will take a while, this thing is getting LONG) aaaaand try to insert more photos wherever appropriate.

That should make for a pretty thorough and enjoyable article.

Judge Jonny wrote:

also, maybe a little something on us Judges...

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/eames/images/vc9636.jpg

Is that a box of Betty Crocker Pick-A-Prick?

Everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

MurileeMartin wrote:

The obsolete-since-2007 "Qualifiers" section is no longer relevant, for one thing.

Maybe Jay should consider taking it off the front page of 24hoursoflemons.com....

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

st_rage wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

The obsolete-since-2007 "Qualifiers" section is no longer relevant, for one thing.

Maybe Jay should consider taking it off the front page of 24hoursoflemons.com....

What, make Jay do writing work? What do you think this is, Corvette Magazine?