Topic: Practice Day @ Reno-Fernley

Taken from the Reno-Fernley Raceway website:

Reno-Fernley Raceway will be holding a Test Day for Lemons Participant Friday May 22nd.

Registration will open at 7AM 
(If you arrive the day or night before you will be allowed into the paddock to set up and camp.)

Track Will go hot at 9AM and close at 5PM

There will be a 1 hr lunch break at 12:30

Cars classes will be grouped into similiar run groups.  This will be detirmined on the morning of test and may be adjusted throughout the day depending on classes and quantity of vehicles testing.

Pricing:

Full Day Test Car and Driver $200  Each additional driver $50

Half Day Test Car and Driver $150 Each additonal driver $30
*1/2 day may be run durring either the morning sessions or the afternoon sessions.

All vehicles must meet the "Lemons" tech rules and regulations.

The good news is that if you were planning on running your heap on practice day it's going to cost you a little less if you only are planning on driving half of the day. Also, it looks like the track is closed at 5pm which means that you'll have a 3 hour window more or less to walk the track if you so wish.

Stuntman Mike
I Wanna Roc

Re: Practice Day @ Reno-Fernley

Do we just pay for the practice day at the track?  We are planning on running the afternoon practice, don't want to put too many miles on the car.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

Yes, practice sessions will be paid directly to the track personnel.

Stuntman Mike
I Wanna Roc

Awesome, we will be there camping thursday night and driving all day Friday

We'll probably still be installing the roll cage on Thursday night... sad

Stuntman Mike
I Wanna Roc

Rungroups should be interesting. Guess we'll see how it goes on Friday.

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

mjfassio wrote:

We'll probably still be installing the roll cage on Thursday night... sad

I've seen guys installing roll cages in the parking lot on Friday night. Plenty of time!

8 (edited by mjfassio 2009-05-19 04:41 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

I've seen guys installing roll cages in the parking lot on Friday night. Plenty of time!

Yes, well with no opportunity to have a tech inspection after 5pm on Friday I would say it's pretty critical to have it in the car by then. That is unless an extension could be bribed, I mean negotiated.

btw, who do we talk to about adding [strike] to the available BBCodes? I require strike through to establish plausible deniability.

Stuntman Mike
I Wanna Roc

FreeRange wrote:

FYI, I just talked to RFR and we won't be allowed inside the gates until 6:30 am Friday morning.  There is space to camp outside the gates Thursday night though.

-Bill

OverStimulated wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

FYI, I just talked to RFR and we won't be allowed inside the gates until 6:30 am Friday morning.  There is space to camp outside the gates Thursday night though.

-Bill

Fail... i guess ill be staying in Reno and losing some of my hard earned $$

I was waiting for an answer to that too...we may be camping outside the gates then too...neighbor.

Despite Matt's unwillingness to forgo gambling and liquor to camp outside a race track's gates, two of the Free Range Racing's members will be there in our ghetto-fabulous camper and race car stacked on parts car ensemble.  We'll be rolling in about midnight, so don't come bother us.  We're not that nice smile

troubleonwheels wrote:

Despite Matt's unwillingness to forgo gambling and liquor to camp outside a race track's gates, two of the Free Range Racing's members will be there in our ghetto-fabulous camper and race car stacked on parts car ensemble.  We'll be rolling in about midnight, so don't come bother us.  We're not that nice smile

4 dudes in that camper is a little too "friendly" for Jeff and I.  We will take the hookers and beer approach to Thursday night smile  You two have fun alone

I spoke with the Reno gal today and she said that the security guard can & will let Lemons entrants into the compound for those of us arriving late (from out of town) Thursday evening.

fwiw... It would be nice to get confirmation, just in case

"steering clear of bad drivers and internet badasses since 2008!"