Re: Good/Bad Idea of the Week: Apocalyptic Racing's bar-raising Heroic Fix

Brett85p wrote:

Not sure if we would have sucked the duct tape into the engine but the state it was in it may have helped more than it hurt smile

You could start mass producing these, I am sure Phil will agree there is a huge potential market for 20/22R engines with stupid large Holley carburetors!

i think you'd quickly run out of steel license plates from the 60's if you did that.

also, why the heck did you guys have an old license plate? surely it wasn't "oh we might need this when the block explodes" and it's not like you guys showed up in an old race trailer with 40years of junk parts in it.

Re: Good/Bad Idea of the Week: Apocalyptic Racing's bar-raising Heroic Fix

Marc wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Not sure if we would have sucked the duct tape into the engine but the state it was in it may have helped more than it hurt smile

You could start mass producing these, I am sure Phil will agree there is a huge potential market for 20/22R engines with stupid large Holley carburetors!

i think you'd quickly run out of steel license plates from the 60's if you did that.

also, why the heck did you guys have an old license plate? surely it wasn't "oh we might need this when the block explodes" and it's not like you guys showed up in an old race trailer with 40years of junk parts in it.

We had already used part of it to patch a hole in the floor so I figured it may be useful if the judges spot anything else that needed patching.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019