Topic: Showroom-Schlock Shootout 2012 - roll call!

Despite breaking virtually every moving part in our Celica last month at Gingerman, Team Reynolds Style has masochistically signed up for the June 9th-10th race in Joliete  IL.

Who else is in?

The Pentastar whisperer

Re: Showroom-Schlock Shootout 2012 - roll call!

I plan to be wandering the paddock on Saturday.  Saving my dimes and nickels for Road America this year.  (And Autobahn October.)

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Bayley wrote:

Despite breaking virtually every moving part in our Celica...

Waah, waah.  wink

I won't be there this time around--planning on October instead.  Have fun though!

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

obsolete wrote:

Waah, waah.  wink

...so you're saying you enjoyed our expedited road trip to Tinley Park for a new hub?  I mean, granted you were great company and all, but there's better things I could have been doing (i.e. racing)

The Pentastar whisperer

We'll be there.  Plan on trying to beat our Metro with the E30 this time.  You'd think that would be easy.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Bayley wrote:

...so you're saying you enjoyed our expedited road trip to Tinley Park for a new hub?  I mean, granted you were great company and all, but there's better things I could have been doing (i.e. racing)

Yeah, I suppose...

Bayley wrote:

Despite breaking virtually every expensive, hard to find moving part in our Celica...

There, FTFY

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

We'll be there.  Plan on trying to beat our Metro with the E30 this time.  You'd think that would be easy.

Not many people can say they both beat their own E30 and won the IOE with the same car.  Bravo.

The Pentastar whisperer

Am planning on being there, tool box in hand to help those that need it. Car won't be ready by then, but can pay it fwd for all the help we received at Gingerman.

12. Gingerman , Heroic Fix award
10/12 Autobahn, 51st overall.
Team Apocalyptic Racing
1978 Ecotec Celica.

Yeah... I think the fact that we beat our own E30 contributed to getting the IOE.  It's REALLY hard to make up for the time you spend pitting every hour and a half due to fuel starvation that we had with the BMW.  Somehow, with the same drivers, we were only about 8 seconds a lap faster in the BMW than we were in the Metro.  140HP vs 55HP and only 8 seconds different at Gingerman.  Having said that, we have about 3000 track miles on the Metro, and only 1 race in the 325es.   I'm not sure we can optimize our Metro any further without adding Powaahhh.

When we have time I'd love to find a way to make it win class B.  We were 3rd in class B at Autobahn last year.  Then we would only have to find a LOT of powahhh and go after A and overall.   Ahh... to dream....

Really, we had hoped to make the E30 competitive, but we need to learn to drive it better, run longer shifts, and find a way to make it lighter (or more powerful).  With the E head (and inexperience with the car) we just can't compete with studly teams like Bucksnort, etc...

Bayley wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Not many people can say they both beat their own E30 and won the IOE with the same car.  Bravo.

The Bobcat is tested and nearly ready to go so we'll be in attendance.

More importantly, Boulevard Brewing Company was kind enough to give me a keg of Unfiltered Wheat so I could raise money for JDRF.  Swing by on Saturday night, donate a couple of bills, grab a cup and drink up.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

We will miss the upcoming one But have both casrs entered to October. Should a blast on a "Full" track.

#240 Keystone Kops 1984 Volvo 244 Sedan
#242 Jew-Wop-E 1979 Volvo V8 Coupe

Still need to pick orange spray paint to highlight the door hinge we use in clutch linkage, but will be there... And ye, kinda need to finish that clutch linkage.

Dangie wrote:

More importantly, Boulevard Brewing Company was kind enough to give me a keg of Unfiltered Wheat so I could raise money for JDRF.  Swing by on Saturday night, donate a couple of bills, grab a cup and drink up.

Chili this year?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

SteveO wrote:

We will miss the upcoming one But have both casrs entered to October. Should a blast on a "Full" track.

They're running the full course?  Or you're talking about number of cars on the track?

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

therood wrote:
Dangie wrote:

Chili this year?

Yes, likely 3-4 gallons of it.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

Dangie wrote:
therood wrote:
Dangie wrote:

Chili this year?

Yes, likely 3-4 gallons of it.

Sweet.

Also, both races this year are slated for the South Course on the Autobahn schedule; neither Events page here says that.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

17 (edited by Bayley 2012-05-18 02:15 PM)

SteveO wrote:

...October. Should a blast on a "Full" track.

You sure about that?  I'd love to believe you, but the Autobahn calendar shows the October race as only the south circuit.

The Pentastar whisperer

I believe he meant full as in lots of cars, not track configuration.  I just can't see Autobahn letting us have both sides.  There seems to be alot of use of the track we aren't on while we race.  I think it would be cool if they let us alternate though, Saturday south, Sunday north.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

therood wrote:

Sweet.

Also, both races this year are slated for the South Course on the Autobahn schedule; neither Events page here says that.

Seriously?  I wish they'd run North Course for the June race and South Course in October.  Mix it up a bit!

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

Team subliminal racing will be there. Im glad were running south, I thought north was alittle small.

Eric Subliminal racing #711 e30
11 detroit dnf, 11 autobahn 4th, 12 detroit 2nd, 12 autobahn 1st
Rip #71 crx killed at autobahn 2010. 10 smt pt, 10 bull gp,10 rod b. smashed

We will be there also. You guys will love this track.

Byte Marks Racing - "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred."
1992 Nissan 240SX DM Edition (Drift Master)

we will be back with our chop top sentra.   Personaly i like the south track some of my team likes the north.  It would be pretty cool to switch off from saturday to sunday, north and south.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Not us... One fast, paying driver short, so decided to skip.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

indysupra wrote:

Team subliminal racing will be there. Im glad were running south, I thought north was alittle small.

I'm glad we are running the South course also. BuckSnort will be there and if Team Lemonaid needs some E30 parts, swing on over and hopefully we have it.
Be sure to sign register before hand because last year we spent 45 mins waiting in line for wrist bands. See ya'll in a few weeks.

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

You guys are awesome. So nice to extend an invitation like that. We'll have some E30 parts also, but probably now where your stash. We're still running the stock 2.7L motor. We need to figure out our fuel starvation issue so we can run 2 hour + shifts and beat the GD Metro.  Damnit!!!

Tango wrote:
indysupra wrote:

I'm glad we are running the South course also. BuckSnort will be there and if Team Lemonaid needs some E30 parts, swing on over and hopefully we have it.
Be sure to sign register before hand because last year we spent 45 mins waiting in line for wrist bands. See ya'll in a few weeks.