Topic: Lemons Etiquette?

If the Arc Angel welds a barnyard animal to the roof your car is it considered 'poor form' or a 'badge of honor' if you show up at the next event still sprouting the metal silhouette from the roof of you car.

I consulted Emily Post and Miss Manners but could not locate a proper ruling.

What say ye?

Spud

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Re: Lemons Etiquette?

We wear all our dents, scapes, donuts, dirt, dust, mud, bribed stencils, etc. like a badge of honor.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

If I had a barnyard affixed to my car by the Angel of Arc, I'd consider finding a way to incorporate it into the car for posterity... you earned it, it's a fun piece of history. 

BUT, I'd do something like maybe weld it flat and paint it into your theme or something like that.  A "fresh" barnyard welded to your car indicates that someone on your team is driving like ass.  Not necessarily a message you want to send to the other drivers (or the theoretically impartial corner workers, or the totally impartial judges) during this race.

If you incorporate it into your theme, you wear the badge, but it's clear that it wasn't THIS race you were driving like ass at.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

BTW, if you have the humping bunnies - I'll pay you for it and that money can go into your budget.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Sorry, no bunnies. We got a chicken.

We have a great picture after the race with the crew sitting on the car and one of the guys choking his chicken.  Really.

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

At Nelson Ledges some team showed up with their welded cock -- it had two spot lights on it and was outlined with some sort of fungible red neon.

Arc Angel liked it so much we gave that team a get out of jail free card.

Should you do the exact same thing? Or is what I'm really trying to tell you a lesson in being nice to Arc Angel....?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

RobL wrote:

BTW, if you have the humping bunnies - I'll pay you for it and that money can go into your budget.

HAhha! WE have two... I specifically requested one last penalty smile

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

We have left our fish on the hood. But cleaned them up and painted them. Not a badge of dishonor. Lost one of them to a judge at Stafford Springs but that was ok because he said it was for his daughter So that was cool. Plus got us out of the box. Arc Angel even stated that day was the first time she removed not installed something on a car. I Vote leave them on builds character

#240 Keystone Kops 1984 Volvo 244 Sedan
#242 Jew-Wop-E 1979 Volvo V8 Coupe

SteveO wrote:

I Vote leave them on builds character

and more curb weight...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:
SteveO wrote:

and more curb weight...

You could always drill speed holes in them and/or recreate them in aluminum, titanium or magnesium.  wink

I'd love to see a banned tech prize won for doing something creative with a barnyard penalty!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Loren wrote:
Riktor wrote:
SteveO wrote:

and more curb weight...

You could always drill speed holes in them and/or recreate them in aluminum, titanium or magnesium.  wink

I'd love to see a banned tech prize won for doing something creative with a barnyard penalty!

Use them to create mad downforce YO!!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

At Nelson Ledges some team showed up with their welded cock -- it had two spot lights on it and was outlined with some sort of fungible red neon.

Arc Angel liked it so much we gave that team a get out of jail free card.

Should you do the exact same thing? Or is what I'm really trying to tell you a lesson in being nice to Arc Angel....?

They were black lights and the neon glowed!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2434/4029979775_b7ed98f469.jpg

We have humping bunnies from nelsons ledges and trying to incorporate into Snoopy's play house along with the "Jack Master" but still remain pg

It Ain't My Fault

actually the "race chic" was lit with blue leds ($10 from autobone)...mounted in labatts blue bulb holders.

We wear the 3 foot dent into the passenger side of our car from a Ranchero at the Altamont demo derby race as a badge of honor.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

Our coROLLa gets a little worse each race.  It used to have a straight body, now its missing most of the front passenger quarter panel, the hood and roof are a bit caved in from the rollover, the drivers side front and door are mangled from a CMP tangle a while ago, theres a Stafford "stripe" down the passenger side, we have donuts from Vlad the Impala and green paint from it's sister car, the Pimpala, on three sides. 

We're not changing a thing!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)