Topic: LeMoneers Beer of Choice?

Brought up in another thread (or ten) is Beer... Just curious as to what everyone's BEER of choice is... ales, lagers, porters, stouts, IPAs, meads, reds, browns wheats and all other verious delicious creations count.

Here's a few of my choices---

For MASS consumption:

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2008/03/03/ad-beerx.jpg

For most meals:

http://www.frontiersaloon.com/BeerTakeOut/TakeOutDomestic/images/6pkbKilliansIrishRed.jpg

For just drinking:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3644/3639383607_3916237fda.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3662/3486260550_a81b47e8be.jpg?v=1241014244

Desert Beer or if I am hungry:

http://www.choosy-beggars.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/youngs_double_chocolate_3.jpg

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Re: LeMoneers Beer of Choice?

Riktor wrote:

Brought up in another thread (or ten) is Beer... Just curious as to what everyone's BEER of choice is... ales, lagers, porters, stouts, IPAs, meads, reds, browns wheats and all other verious delicious creations count.

Here's a few of my choices---

For MASS consumption:

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photo … -beerx.jpg

Dude, just hang you head low and leave your man card on the table on your way out...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Oh goody, here come the beer snobs.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

cold..........., or not.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

You have a lot to learn

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

ronman wrote:

Oh goody, here come the beer snobs.

Apparently having an opinion makes someone a snob.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

I'm waiting for guys like you to come in and tell us that mass-produced beer is crap and the only TRUE beer comes from sequestered Trappist monks who brew their octuple-chocolate stouts and 2500IBU hyper-hopped quintuple-IPAs on evenings when their prize-winning hop-fertilizing ferrets are on the waning side of their menstrual cycles...

BL?!?  Are you fucking kidding me? 

Mass-produced beers are fine, but BL?   Get the judges some of that shit and see what happens.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Tecate was our official swill of choice....

http://jalopnik.com/387451/how-many-tec … am-t+shirt

... which is interesting because the team is full of good beer fans. Wouldn't quite call them snobs though.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

10 (edited by ronman 2009-10-19 10:03 AM)

Jer wrote:

Mass-produced beers are fine, but BL?   Get the judges some of that shit and see what happens.

He's not asking about bribe beer, he's asking about paddock beer.

11 (edited by RobL 2009-10-19 10:24 AM)

ronman wrote:

blah blah blah

Bud Lime is swill.  It's worse than Colt 45, Genesee, Busch, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Milwaukee’s Beast. 

My all the time beer is Yeungling - It's mass produced.  And there is nothing wrong with Mass produced beers. 

Seriously, BL is still swill.  It's like saying that Lucas is in the top 5 electrical reliable manufacturers.  Anything you need to add a citrus taste to to kill the flavor of is swill (including Corona and Blue Moon).

Yuengling for sure. Though I still get the "deer in the headlights" stare when I try to order it away from home.

All I know is we brought some Fat Tire for thursday night, and a keg of Upland Octoberfest.  Everone seemed to like the Fat Tire, and the Octoberfest, well, let's just say the Dragon Something 944 guys got kicked out of tech after we gave them the rest of the keg saturday night.  So I would assume it was okay.

AnD I agree with rob, bud lime is horrible.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

ronman wrote:
Jer wrote:

He's not asking about bribe beer, he's asking about paddock beer.

Even worse.  If someone gives me a six pack of BL, they're telling me "We're not friends."

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Fat Tire rocks.  My parents brought a case out with them from Colorado, yummm. 

Yuengling is also my everyday beer.  Good stuff!

yuengling is about the best you can do if you are drinking a bunch and/or it's hot out

As a life-long Michigander, I can't say I've done a whole lot to keep the domestic auto industry afloat, but I have done my part to support local brewers, that's for sure:

One of my favorite things about summer in Michigan
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44798&stc=1&d=1238461987

One of my favorite things about winter in Michigan
http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/bells-porter.gif

A great anytime beer
http://ibcbeer.com/beverages/dragonmeadunderthekilt.jpg

And no, there's nothing wrong with a mass-produced beer (though there aren't any good ones made here in Michigan)
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2128587/Guinness-main_Full.jpg

Enjoy every sandwich.

Most anything from Lost Coast in Eureka.  Raspberry Brown and Tangerine Wheat are my current top two.

I like Sprecher (a local Wisconsin brew),  they are more known for making soda and root beer, but don't let that fool you the owner loves a good beer and he knows what he is doing.  I like the lighter stuff for meals (hefe weiss) and the darker stuff when I just want a beer (Black!!). 
http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/beer.php?cat=1
We brought a bunch as a bribe to Nelson Ledges, but since you don't need a bribe to get 0 BS laps on a Camaro.....we gave to the judges and workers as a gift instead.

New Glarus also makes some good brew.  I'm a bit of a beer snob but there isnt anything wrong with a well done beer that is mass produced.  Killians red is great and I like guinness a lot, though I tend to use it more in cooking then drinking.  Seriously, why cook with something that you would not drink by itself..makes no sence to me!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Coors Light works for me, as a pit beer. Now for REAL beer get some Captial Brewery beer from Madison WI>

sergio wrote:

Coors Light works for me, as a pit beer. Now for REAL beer get some Captial Brewery beer from Madison WI>

Oh yea I forgot that one.

Wisconsin has a lot of good brew!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

I try to remain a beer enthusiast instead of a beer snob. I mean, I know what I like and some things I like are pretty obscure, but I still enjoy the refreshment of an ice-cold Schlitz when it's a scorcher of a day.

Disclaimer done; favorites: Czechvar (a.k.a. Budvar etc.), Guinness, Shiner Black Lager (formerly Shiner '97), several beers from St. Arnold brewery, just about any Helles, um... I could go on way too long. I guess it's easier to say what I avoid: ultra-high-gravity Belgian stuff, rauchbiers, fruity lambics, and that stuff mixed with Clamato. Other than those, anything is likely to go down my gullet.

For this build we've been going through lots of the Oktoberfest beers from St. Arnold and Sam Adams. Yesterday's treat: Real Ale brewing co's Full Moon Pale Rye Ale. Mighty tasty.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I make mine, but i tend to copy things like Hoegaarden and Newcastle.  I did make a hibiscus ginger pepper beer that was pretty good last winter.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

cpchampion wrote:

...what I avoid: ultra-high-gravity Belgian stuff, rauchbiers, fruity lambics, and that stuff mixed with Clamato. Other than those, anything is likely to go down my gullet.

The first time I saw the Bud Chelada was when I was out visiting friends in L.A. a few years back.  I have to admit I was confused why anyone would try marketing a mixture of Clamato and beer, but for entertainment we each tried to down one of the 24 oz cans.  I think I might have succeeded in putting down about 4 or 5 ounces. 

Horrible, horrible stuff!  Without a doubt the worst beer I have ever tried, and I've drank a lot of bad beer in my lifetime!

Enjoy every sandwich.

ninetyfourintegra wrote:

Yuengling for sure. Though I still get the "deer in the headlights" stare when I try to order it away from home.

I'll second that, I try to pick some up whenever I'm in the northeast.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas