Topic: What can a spectator do during R/F race?

I'm planning on hitting my first 24 hours race (and second race ever) this weekend, and am wondering just what there is for me to do other than sit and watch crappy (but awesome) cars run in a circle until they catch fire?

Not that that's not enjoyable...

I'm planning on coming up with a cooler full of water, my Wrangler, some good chairs and hopefully some form of canopy to sit in the shade under if there's a good spot to set that all up.  But is there anything else?  Most everything I hear seems to be driver-oriented and I'm looking to see how much of that kind of fun I can share in without, well, driving. tongue

2 (edited by FreeRange 2009-05-18 04:55 PM)

Re: What can a spectator do during R/F race?

umm drink??  Corona and a lime goes good with exhaust fumes

Stop by our pit if you want to get out of the sun.. we will have 2 EZ-ups set up for shade.  We aren't one of THOSE teams that owns a million dollar rolling hotel.. We will be sporting our 3x salvage titled F250 with our 1978 caveman camper (free).

Well...you can't drink alcohol in the paddock while the track is hot regardless of whether you're driving or not.

But the paddock is arguably more entertaining than the race. Bum around, make some friends, watch people blow up, etc. You won't get bored.

Then there's the penalty box....

That's awesome, I was just about to say 'hey, stop by our craptastic camper and we'll be happy to put you to work!', but ya beat me to it.