76 (edited by EriktheAwful 2012-12-04 05:17 AM)

Re: Eligable? Ferrari Content

If they owner actually drove the car they would have had it in the shop every Monday.

FTFY, because Lamborghini.

EriktheAwful wrote:

If they owner actually drove the car they would have had it in the shop every Monday.

FTFY, because Lamborghini.

Obviously but the repair shop would have stopped it from rotting away.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

The specialty mechanic I've taken a couple hoopties to said that the real trouble cars are the ones that sit.  He said "if you drive the tires off them, they seem to do okay."

then again, I think we were talking about Rolls Royces, but he had a number of Lamborghinis and Ferraris in at that time.  The Lamborghini LM002 had been sitting for six months waiting for parts.  Yay hand made cars.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

BoB wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

This car reminds me of a barn find late 70's Countach I saw pics of, the complete drivetrain was removed and the back of the car was up on blocks for like a million years.  You just wonder like man this car cost SOMEBODY so much damn money, how the hell did it end up like this?

It cost a lot of money is probably why it ended up that way.  Someone bought it and though wow that was a lot of money and I bet someday it will be worth more as a collectible.  So they stuck it up on blocks in a barn and it say there and rotted away until it was worthless.  If they owner actually drove the car they would have enjoyed it and it might still be on the road.

I shouldn't have called it a barn find, as it was OUTSIDE the barn, and disassembled, and like that for a very long time according to the photog.  He did walk up to it once and confirm it was an actual Countach and not someones unfinished Fiero project. 
But same with this car, someone just left it outside for 15 years. 

I owned an 89 Turbo Trans Am for a couple years about 10 years ago, sold it for a good chunk of change, and the guy I sold it to broke it and sold it to another guy, who then sold it again.   Heard from the current owner last year who called me to get more info on the car, turns out the 2nd owner in order there after breaking it took the engine apart and... you guessed it.... left it outside for like 7 years.  By the time he got it the high qwality GM paint had started to melt off.  All the rubber parts etc were shot.  This was a under 30k mile one of 1555 car, and a photo of it I took was even featured in a book about the history of the Firebird (Pontiac Firebird: The Auto-Biography by Marc Cranswick).  Broke my heart to hear it.  But at least this guy is restoring it, although he hasn't sent me any of his as promised pics.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Up until about 6 months ago there was a Pantera sitting under a car cover a couple blocks from me.  Been there for several years.  Spider webs holding it in place.  Probably would have been out of my toy price range anyway but guy wouldn't discuss selling it.  He also has a late beetle vert and a Duetto in the side yard behind those trash cans.  It's about time I bug him about the Duetto again.  That's the one I realistically could add to the collection.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii80/cheseroo/pantera.jpg

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

there is a 60s TVR sitting in the driveway of a mobile home about 5 miles from where i work. been sitting there for a few years. not a kit as far as i can tell.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:

there is a 60s TVR sitting in the driveway of a mobile home about 5 miles from where i work. been sitting there for a few years. not a kit as far as i can tell.

You mean TVR's werent basically kit cars? smile

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

If anyone happens to pass through Clinton, AR on Highway 65, there's a junkyard that has a black Countach languishing in the weeds right next to the highway.  It appears to have been sitting for quite some time but it is complete.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

What ever happened to this?

Either the OP found out how hard it is to source / cross ref. replacement parts, or entropy finished its job and the entire heap collapsed into a pile of dust.

Replacement parts? Just roll an MR2 chassis under it!

We own a tow company gm v6's are totalled out all the time but still run and drive. So many people out there with only liability insurance these days and leave them at tow yards all the time. Tell them what your going to do with it and offer to give them some scrap weight in return and your in....

If its not broke fix it till it is...

2.2L Chrysler.  Auto trans.  With a carb.  With this combination all things are possible.  (Nothing is possible.)

Wetbed0 wrote:

What ever happened to this?

Sorry to bump this, but had to reply.

I didn't buy it. I still have the opportunity to buy it, but have no time or space. It is in Atlanta as I am in Dallas Texas now. I would still love to entertain the idea of building one, it's gonna me months before I can start piecing it together

She sounds like Elmer Fudd sitting on a juicer...

sorry to bring up a dead thread, but does anyone know what happened to this shell?