1 (edited by kalpol 2009-10-28 06:18 PM)

Topic: A little mishap

Door flew open on the curve - I like how the track workers are just standing there shooting the breeze in the background.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad87/KendraLuteijnPhotography/DSC_5189.jpg

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

Re: A little mishap

is that a Lemons toyota tundra?! I knew the frame rust-through issues were serious, but that's just ridiculous!

Dunno. Corner workers looking like they are doing the one-looks-up-track and one-looks-down-track thing. Third one is even looking straight out.

Or they could be shooting the breeze. At least they aren't sleeping or reading a book....

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

kalpol wrote:

Door flew open on the curve - I like how the track workers are just standing there shooting the breeze in the background.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad87 … C_5189.jpg

Zip ties or duct tape solves *everything*, especially door problems.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

That's the proper positioning (watching each other's backs).  The guy looking forward is there to see problems down the track (not at that station).  The previous flag station might have seen the door open and called it in to race control.

Many thanks to all corner workers out there!!!!!!!!!!!  Without you I wouldn't be having our fun and I appreciate how you help to keep it safe.  It's a tough thankless job and not as easy as you'd think.

If you haven't ever done it, take some SCCA training go flag for some races sometime.  Good seat to see the action and it'll give you a better appreciation for both sides of the track.

-- John Robertson / Schumacher Taxi Service

Know more about a Craptation, coROLLa and BMW than I ever wanted to!
Stafford 08, CMP Spring/Fall 09, Stafford 09, Nelson Ledges 09, CMP Winter 10, VIR Chump 10, IOE Winning Craptation CMP Spring 2010, and lots more

6 (edited by yamato 2009-10-29 06:33 PM)

PapaJohn55 wrote:

If you haven't ever done it, take some SCCA training go flag for some races sometime.  Good seat to see the action and it'll give you a better appreciation for both sides of the track.

yep, I flagged SCCA, ALMS, etc. way before I ever got behind the wheel.  I gives you a great perspective!

great perspective this team doesn't seem to have for a race of true/complete craptastic-ness junk heaps

i agree with jl in this clip about this teams angle of aproach.

if you watch some of the other clips they hooked da hell up.... i know a few teams at nelson ledges had sponsors but nothing like these guys.

i'm quite curious as to how some teams even get a sponsor since some people have mentioned in other posts thats its easy pickenings to get one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KarbonEnter … jY5nuRd_hk

PapaJohn55 wrote:

That's the proper positioning (watching each other's backs).  The guy looking forward is there to see problems down the track (not at that station).  The previous flag station might have seen the door open and called it in to race control.

Many thanks to all corner workers out there!!!!!!!!!!!  Without you I wouldn't be having our fun and I appreciate how you help to keep it safe.  It's a tough thankless job and not as easy as you'd think.

OK, makes more sense now.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

yep, blue flag watches up the track - yellow flag watches down. I'm NOT a flagger, but I do hold a SCCA national timing and scoring license, and see many races a year while listening to the F&C radio channel. I don't envy the work those guys do at all. I'm actually kinda partial to my nice job in the air conditioning.

I had the door latch on my Audi 90 break at the Wendover ProSolo back in '05, thankfully not on the course though. Borrowed a ratching tie down to hold the door closed and not only won the race but drove it home 800 miles to Seattle with only the tie-down holding the door closed. One more thing to add to the Audi driver's onboard tool kit!

kalpol wrote:

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad87 … C_5189.jpg

Doors, we don't need no stinkin doors!

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."