Topic: Forget car lust...

Commercial/Residential Opportunity. Unrestricted 29,700 sf corner lot. Property includes a 4 BR 1652 sf home, two quonset huts, and a 20ft x 100 ft workshop. All three units are separately fenced and are currently rented for total of $2650 monthly income. New construction and tear down activity in area. Drive by at 2323 Bauer. Please do not disturb tenants.

http://search.har.com/engine/2323-Bauer … 837779.htm

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Re: Forget car lust...

And this is why we love you Mary.  You totally get the fact that real racing happens in the build, storage and logistics...

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

3 (edited by EyeMWing 2012-12-25 09:11 PM)

20ft x 100ft workshop.... That's rather shallow. My shop is 30x52 and is only just BARELY deep enough to accommodate a lift bay (according to the spec sheet, I have 3 feet of wiggle room, but even having it exactly centered leaves precious little clearance in front and back to do any actual work). I'd figure on replacing that building with something at least 40x104ft (and a ceiling clearance of a minimum 15ft), even if one of the quonsets has to go to make room. Building cost shouldn't exceed $30k for a steel+wood pole building and concrete floor.

Or if it has an end door, just install the lift length-wise, or at an angle, or prettymuch whatever you feel like because end doors are awesome.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

20ft x 100ft workshop.... That's rather shallow. My shop is 30x52 and is only just BARELY deep enough to accommodate a lift bay (according to the spec sheet, I have 3 feet of wiggle room, but even having it exactly centered leaves precious little clearance in front and back to do any actual work). I'd figure on replacing that building with something at least 40x104ft (and a ceiling clearance of a minimum 15ft), even if one of the quonsets has to go to make room. Building cost shouldn't exceed $30k for a steel+wood pole building and concrete floor.

Or if it has an end door, just install the lift length-wise, or at an angle, or prettymuch whatever you feel like because end doors are awesome.

Pull cars in sideway or diagonal , that's what we do at my buddies 20x80 shop

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Does it have 3 phase power?  S/F....Ken M

I had to stop looking at the listing. We aren't in a position to by until Mr. doctawife (cpchampion) gets a more betterer job.

I first looked at the listing as a joke. Then got serious. Then had to turn away.

'Cause location wise, it doesn't get too much better, especially at that price point. The 'house' in particular looks super sketch. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It would leave us plenty of room for customization.

I was telling cpchampion that if we got that property, then were successful with the IVF next month, we could raise feral children! Feral! Feral!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

is it wrong that for every house listing i look at the garage and driveway is more important to me than the house itself?

i don't think it is...but the significant other disagrees.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Dr. Wife wrote:

I had to stop looking at the listing. We aren't in a position to by until Mr. doctawife (cpchampion) gets a more betterer job.

I first looked at the listing as a joke. Then got serious. Then had to turn away.

'Cause location wise, it doesn't get too much better, especially at that price point. The 'house' in particular looks super sketch. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It would leave us plenty of room for customization.

I was telling cpchampion that if we got that property, then were successful with the IVF next month, we could raise feral children! Feral! Feral!

Wow!!  Can you believe they just lowered the price,  Mary you should take another look before it's too late.

This space for rent.

I know where that is, it's right down the street from Westside Performance and Machine. I mean literally like a couple of blocks. There are some cool houses over there.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Ah feral children, they're the best kind to raise!  The perfect balance of dirt and grime have been proven to make happy, healthy kids.  I'm proof of that.  Good luck with all of it (ferality and property acquisition)!

Putting the "dirty" in Dirty Little Freaks Racing
~stalk us on facebook

My children are feral... no, really, raised the two older ones myself..  benign neglect is good for kids... and my 24 yr old son has a scar on his forehead where he ran into a piece of roll bar tubing.......

They turned out alright, one is a UC Berkeley grad and makes more than me, the other works for me, and makes more than me...hey, wait?   

Anyway, we'll see how the 4 yr old turns out......   

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Oh, and buy the freakin' dream Lemons property already.   I'll throw in $20 if I can come visit....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Yet another reason I can't understand why I'm still living in NY...

Oh yeah..

married

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

I spend way too much time ogling garages on HAR.com. You know, another viable option is to just purchase one of Houston's many fine warehouses. Super 'customizable' and no grass to mow!

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

psychoboy wrote:

is it wrong that for every house listing i look at the garage and driveway is more important to me than the house itself?

i don't think it is...but the significant other disagrees.

That's what I was looking for when I was house shopping?

The house itself? 
- does it have a bed?
- microwave?

That's my checklist.

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

When I lived in Houston, we were in an oldish reno two story duplex in Montrose. There was a house just behind us that had a 3 bay garage just next to it that had various older cars inside in various states of (dis)repair and I think the owner ran it as his business.

I really liked Houston zoning allowances when I saw that. Of course, when we moved off TC Jester to accommodate the growing herd, we moved into a neighborhood that had a metal fabrication shop sandwiched in between 3 story town homes. It was awesome.

God, I miss Houston.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.