1 (edited by Team Sensory Assault 2012-12-27 08:25 AM)

Topic: Any Insurance People Here?

My insurance company has recently assigned a third party to investigate my accident last September at MSR.

They are really mad-dogging me too.   They send letters a couple times a week and somehow have gotten ahold of my mobile phone number.   So far Ive only told them it was a single car off-road auto accident and left it at that.

Now, the insurance company wants more information about the accident.   I don't want to lie to them but I also don't want to give them any information that would give them grounds to decline my claims.

I know they are looking for another party to stick this on.   For instance they are wanting to make a claim on any personal injury insurance I have or claim on someone elses insurance if  they were at fault.

This has turned out to be super expensive - but my insurance company has so far picked up most of the bill.

The ambulance company wanted about 3 grand for the ride.   The bill was several pages long with all kinds of horse shit on it.   They even jacked up the prices for weekend service!  Just because the organizers have ambulance services on site doesn't mean you won't get a big ass bill if you end up strapped down in the back of one.

Ambulance took me to Angleton Danbury Hospital.  That place is the shittiest excuse for a shitty excuse.   They didn't find any of my injuries (several broken bones in my hand / arm) and told me I was fine.  Of course they are out of network for my insurance so I got a big ass bill from them.

I saw my regular doctor who told me to go away and that I needed to see a neurologist and orthopedist.  $

I ended up seeing a neurologist - $$$

I had several MRI's of my brain / elbow / shoulder - $$$

Ive seen my orthopedist several times.  He is the one that found my injuries in my arm / finger with simple x-rays.   I went for quite a while undiagnosed before seeing him and  put up with a lot of pain for no reason before seeing this guy.   As far as cost, he put me in a splint    $  He also put me in a cast.  $   Ive been to 5 or so office visits.  $$$     Cast is off but it is excruciating to bend my hand at the wrist - I think something is wrong in there still.

Point of all this is that I'm worried if I tell my insurance company the wrong thing they will have reason to deny my claim.    I put insurance adjustors right up there with used car salesmen.

Anyone have any advice?

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Re: Any Insurance People Here?

Did you claim it on your car insurance policy?

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

^^^  Nope.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Just to be clear, this is your health insurance that's covering your medical expenses?

I see no problem with this.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

unless there is some sort of exclusionary line in your policy specifically exempting "dangerous activities" (usually a very loosely defined term that could probably simultaneously include going outside AND staying in your home), they shouldn't have much wiggle room.

-not an insurance guy
-not a lawyer
-don't play either on TV
-didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Former Insurance guy here (and not medical, but I know how they work).

First things first, get a copy of your policy and specifically look for exclusions.  If one of them is "car racing" or "extreme sports" thats why they are up your ass. 

If there is no exclusion like that (and usually there isn't), then the reason they are investigating you is because you haven't given any details.  IMO you are free and clear if thats the case, just tell them the truth.  Once they realize its at a race track they will likely drop it as they can't go after the track for your own mistakes.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

7 (edited by Baron 2012-12-27 09:52 AM)

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

^^^  Nope.

Tell them to shut up and come up off dat green!

I had a car accident on the highway once, and they called and grilled me trying to find someone else's car insurance policy to go after, too. I told them I was completely at fault, nothing but me being a dumbass. They stopped calling.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Yeah - its my health insurance taking up the bill on this so far.

Really just wondering if I should just come clean and tell them exactly what the hell I was doing.

I don't THINK there are any exclusions but they want to record our conversations and they keep sending letters.

Makes me nervous.