Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

cabinboy wrote:

tSoG is bringing the car Saturday and we have 5 days to work on it. From what I hear this is what we need to work on:

New oil pan
Add an oil cooler
Fix oil leaks
New fuel pump
New battery tray
New tow hooks
Remove weight
Change from Ignition Key to push to start button

Should be a busy few days. Am I missing anything?

We already kinda sorta did a push-button start. It's that red button under your left elbow. What you might want to do is remove steering lock and wire the acc/power to a 30 amp flip switch.

Oil cooler not necessary if you don't plan on beating the crap out of it. I'd recommend one for Texas, though. Transmission oil cooler should be easy if you can source one of the right size.

When you take the valve cover off to replace the gasket, see if you can weld on some more baffling to keep oil from going through the PCV valve and PCV vent pipe.

I'd go over the whole fuel injection system to make sure that all sensors are connected, that all o-rings are good, that injector isn't leaking and that everything works like it should.

Oh, and tires. Mount the last wide one and stock up on some more decent ones, lest you're a fan of going through 40mph turns at 25mph.

K Car Stalker

There are no words for the hilarity of this nonsense.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

There ARE words for the hilarity of this nonsense.
We just don't use them in polite conversation.

Personally, I think you should be required to actually drive this beast you've created.  I'm sure we could convince Spank to give you a few laps at the season ender.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

I'd second the 20w-50 oil, full synthetic too.   It really can save engine bits, plus it should at least slow down your leaks.

2011 LA-#53 300zx, 10 OA/3 B; 2012 RHoNJ-Guest Outlaw! #115 Parnelli Jones Galaxie; LA-#53 300zx, 15 OA/5 B; HH-#53 300zx KERBLOOIE!!!; 2013 TGTN-#53 300zx, 30 OA/4 B; LA-#86 golf, 32 OA/7 B; HH-#53 300zx; 2014 HH-#53 300zx
2017 HH-Squidrope #847 BATMOBILE, 9 laps of DOMINATION then Screwed; 2019 HH-#847 batmobile, 42 OA; 2021 Thompson-#847 batmobile, 12 OA;  HH-got Corked (#491 Miata), 72 OA

solman244 wrote:
NSF wrote:

There ARE words for the hilarity of this nonsense.
We just don't use them in polite conversation.

Personally, I think you should be required to actually drive this beast you've created.  I'm sure we could convince Spank to give you a few laps at the season ender.

Except when cars are in Mexico or Louisiana, it's difficult to get Bob into the driver's seat.

Therefore I think Spank should put him on the roof rack if necessary.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I'm helping, and if the car doesn't blow up before there is a chance, I'll drive a little bit, but I don't wanna hog any of this glory. I'm a big fan of bad ideas, and this K it forward nonsense is a bad idea...

If anyone cares, I should finally have my gopro by gingermann, and I figured since I probably won't need it for a while, it should go with the K car on it's adventure. film what you will, upload it, and share with the world. forward camera to the next team with same instructions.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

so when is it getting to texas? Are we going to have a chance to work on it before the weekend or just there?  Inquiring minds want to roll.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

Jackasic wrote:

so when is it getting to texas? Are we going to have a chance to work on it before the weekend or just there?  Inquiring minds want to roll.

I see what you did there.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

DC Doug wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

Justin (psychoboy) will have the car in Oklahoma after he picks it up somewhere in the middle of the country from Cabinboy. I don't think the K will actually get to TX until the Friday of race weekend.
I plan to order spare brake pads & wheel bearings for it, and will otherwise wait to hear how it's doing after IL.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

cpchampion wrote:
DC Doug wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

Justin (psychoboy) will have the car in Oklahoma after he picks it up somewhere in the middle of the country from Cabinboy. I don't think the K will actually get to TX until the Friday of race weekend.
I plan to order spare brake pads & wheel bearings for it, and will otherwise wait to hear how it's doing after IL.

I was planning on picking up wheel bearings this weekend just in case so I would hold off on that.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

336 (edited by psychoboy 2013-04-11 04:21 AM)

the car will be in oklahoma city sunday night april 28. cabinboy will have the car for the two weeks immediately following gingerman. hopefully, he'll be willing to fix the obvious stuff before, during, or after his race, so we'll have less to fight in our week...tho he also only has a week with the car before his race as well.

i plan on being at the track when the gates open friday morning.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

psychoboy wrote:

i plan on being at the track when the gates open friday morning.

Remember when you opened your Christmas present and it was "socks and underwear" and you had to fake a smile and say thank you Mom & Dad?

Anticipating the K car's arrival is going to kinda be like that -  But your new "socks and underwear" are going to have brown marks and busted elastic.

This space for rent.

338 (edited by psychoboy 2013-04-11 08:21 AM)

it's not anticipation...it's giving the rest of the team as much time as possible to, uh......."enjoy" it.

Team OK-Speed

Our plan is to try to get it ready and fix everything before we hand it off. Of course we all know how well plans work in Lemons. K car plans will be no better.

340 (edited by psychoboy 2013-04-11 07:58 AM)

i appreciate that. i'm going to attempt to drive it back and forth to work the week i have it to give it as much of a shake down as i can. i might even talk my local dodge dealer into giving the fuel system a once over. surely they have some old fart in service that worked on these cars when they were new.

since Soggy is lending the car his gopro, i might devise phil's much requested "YOU ARE HERE" cam for my JVC.

Team OK-Speed

Uh-oh.

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 83#p196583

K Car Stalker

luckily, with fore knowledge, that's a fairly easy fix!

Team OK-Speed

343 (edited by psychoboy 2013-04-11 09:58 AM)

when you get a chance, cabinboy, can you get me a couple measurements off the car?

i need to know what the dimensions of the roof are (the largest flattish area you can devise) and the dimensions of the tailgate, seam to seam, bumper to glass.

also, what size wheels and tires does it have, and what's the bolt pattern?

thanks!

Team OK-Speed

What ever you guys do to Super K - Make Marry Tetanus blush!

This space for rent.

have you seen the people she WILLINGLY hangs out with? i'm not sure blushing is in her vocabulary.

Team OK-Speed

psychoboy wrote:

when you get a chance, cabinboy, can you get me a couple measurements off the car?

i need to know what the dimensions of the roof are (the largest flattish area you can devise) and the dimensions of the tailgate, seam to seam, bumper to glass.

thanks!

Once we get the car I'll shoot all that info to you.

347 (edited by psychoboy 2013-04-11 11:42 AM)

cabinboy wrote:
psychoboy wrote:

thanks!

Once we get the car I'll shoot all that info to you.

thanks....i've been laboring under the notion that the race was this weekend, and that you already had the car....i'm not sure where i got that incorrect info from. i just looked at the schedule again, and notice gingerman is next weekend, and you are getting the car this weekend.

thanks again!

Team OK-Speed

Looking to use the K car at Ridge in July.  How can i make that happen?

mcurranb wrote:

Looking to use the K car at Ridge in July.  How can i make that happen?

Start by throwing all sense out the window?

Then buy the car. smile

Then pick it up in the Bay Area and drive to Shelton?

Then collect all them nickels!

Guilt is your best weapon to get family and friends to take up the Super K.  Lots of guys want to race the K, they are just afraid their friends will find out.

Work the fact that you are a new team/person and email Jay  - Tell your brief sad story about how you can race the K if he gives you free entry... 

Blow up the local MOPAR team with pestering questions until they would rather race the K before having to open another one of your giddy - cheerful - unrealistically hopeful emails.

Good luck -

b

This space for rent.