Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Perhaps this has been addressed and I missed it, but we are bringing a tractor trailer to gingerman.   And even tho we have 2 cars coming, we could probably get the car from gingerman to Cincinnati and even store it for a while before ECR.   After that, we could maybe meet someone to pass it on.  Or maybe this part is settled and I'm an idiot...

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

Chevette, the Gingerman-to-Dallas leg has not been figured out yet. If you can spare time to bring it to ECR and run it, you can pack lightly, though-- 3 teams (Tetanus, TARP, OKSpeed) are going to try to provide all the logistical help we can.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Probably can't get it all the way there.  Not looking to drive it( my plate is full and my wallets empty)  just offering a little help in getting the car on the way if it helps

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

We're racing it at Gingerman and hoping someone can help us get it down to ECR from there. I was thinking maybe I'll tow it halfway and meet someone to take it the rest of the way? We have two weeks between races so we can do it the weekend between races.

Has the car been registered yet for Monticello and do we know what the car number will be? I want to get it registered for Gingerman soon.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

130 (edited by psychoboy 2013-03-02 09:10 AM)

chevette wrote:

Perhaps this has been addressed and I missed it, but we are bringing a tractor trailer to gingerman.   And even tho we have 2 cars coming, we could probably get the car from gingerman to Cincinnati and even store it for a while before ECR.   After that, we could maybe meet someone to pass it on.  Or maybe this part is settled and I'm an idiot...

i'm trying to figure out how to get it down this way, but my schedule is tight. i really can't get past st louis and back in a day.

if we could meet there on a sunday after gingerman (the 21st or the 28th) i could take it from there.

if ECR were later in the year this year, i'd talk the girlfriend into a road trip to Kings Island....(inthesprinterwithatrailertopickupacarwhilewe'rethere)

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

psychoboy wrote:
chevette wrote:

i'm trying to figure out how to get it down this way, but my schedule is tight. i really can't get past st louis and back in a day.

if we could meet there on a sunday after gingerman (the 21st or the 28th) i could take it from there.

if ECR were later in the year this year, i'd talk the girlfriend into a road trip to Kings Island....(inthesprinterwithatrailertopickupacarwhilewe'rethere)

I'll actually be bringing it from Chicago. If you want to do a hand off on the weekend of the 27-28 that would work. Where is halfway between you and Chicago?

cabinboy wrote:
psychoboy wrote:
chevette wrote:

I'll actually be bringing it from Chicago. If you want to do a hand off on the weekend of the 27-28 that would work. Where is halfway between you and Chicago?

Rolla, Missouri, according to the google.

Team OK-Speed

Then Rolla it is. We can work out the details as to where to do the hand off later. Thanks for stepping up. Now let's see who's gonna race it at ECR.

I'd be interested in fielding the car at Road America if that's still open.

Otherwise, I could possibly run t at the B.F.E.G.P., unless someone local wants to.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

It's easy enough to reserve your spot.  Look at who owns the car before/after you and make some sort of arrangements to make connection.

Then simply copy edit and past the list w/ your team name on it.

I urge all the teams to have a back up plan in case the Super K ends up on it's roof or something of the like.

K it Forward:

March: CMP NSF
April: Monticello, Gingerman Sputnic // NMF cabinboy
May: ECR  OPEN
June: BFEGP at HPR, 4 weeks to get it to Buttonwillow  OPEN // OPEN
July: the Ridge  OPEN
Aug: (nap. park the K at HQ for a bit of media whoring, perhaps?)  OPEN
Sept: Thunderhill, then 2 weeks to get to Houston  OPEN // OPEN
Oct: nap.
Nov: Road America  OPEN
Dec: Season-ender at Chuckwalla  SPANK

Get your requests in early.

This space for rent.

cabinboy wrote:

Has the car been registered yet for Monticello and do we know what the car number will be? I want to get it registered for Gingerman soon.

Yes, we're running it instead of our 2nd car, so it's Team Sputnik Entry A. Still got room!

We're lazy; since NSF will race it with "20" on the side, we're just gonna throw a "4" in front of it. Expect some additional decorations.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

Yes, we're running it instead of our 2nd car, so it's Team Sputnik Entry A. Still got room!

We're lazy; since NSF will race it with "20" on the side, we're just gonna throw a "4" in front of it. Expect some additional decorations.

I Tried to contact you through E-mail.... Im still lookng to help out and be part of this.....If ya got room!.....

Ron is going to try to track the title down for Super K. 
Alex, expect it in the mail.   
DC/Ron I'm in LA for the next several days.  If it's not in the glove box look in the desk at NSFIRHQ - if not there Ask Tommy the chatterbox if he has it.  If all else fails it may be at my home in my desk which is not a place for the squeamish.

b

This space for rent.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/69206_10151343323078811_1550206227_n.jpg

We're adding these to the k.  I hope you never see them again.  Thakns Ron and DC!!

b

This space for rent.

Wow, those look too purty to be on the track.......

cabinboy wrote:

Then Rolla it is. We can work out the details as to where to do the hand off later. Thanks for stepping up. Now let's see who's gonna race it at ECR.

i see three teams offering pit support...

$300 from each team buys track time and open seats.

Team OK-Speed

racerxr wrote:
NSF wrote:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/482694_10151329143733811_1829299916_n.jpg

Somehow Ron decided pressure cleaning the engine compartment while the engine is out was a good idea. 

Add your own captions...

Now I am feeling under equipped to field a Lemons racer.  I got no tractor.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/860454_534280843259300_1464408363_o.jpg

Forklifts!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/IMG_1155.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/IMG_0675.jpg

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

143 (edited by Team Sensory Assault 2013-03-05 09:01 AM)

NSF wrote:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/69206_10151343323078811_1550206227_n.jpg

We're adding these to the k.  I hope you never see them again.  Thakns Ron and DC!!

b

I would totally take the K but I wouldn't know what to do with most of that shit.

A rotary would go in it.   WIN.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

I would totally take the K but I wouldn't know what to do with most of that shit.

I suspect there will be several engine changes this year.  Why should you miss the fun.  The first team to make it rear wheel drive will be winners.   

Do you want to win, do ya?

And, what about adding pink zebra stripes, who's going to add pink freaking zebra stripes?  If not you then who, if not now, when? 

Snip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:
Team Sensory Assault wrote:

I suspect there will be several engine changes this year.  Why should you miss the fun.  The first team to make it rear wheel drive will be winners.   

Do you want to win, do ya?

And, what about adding pink zebra stripes, who's going to add pink freaking zebra stripes?  If not you then who, if not now, when? 

Snip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

I volunteer cabinboy!  He'll make it RWD and pink zebra!  He doesn't have enough to do yet!

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Wonder if Marc has found a home for that Chevy Nova drive train yet?

How about bringing it along to Gingerman with a rear end and after racing on Saturday pull an all nighter swapping to RWD?

What could possibly go right?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Aren't we supposed to give it to the next team in the same condition we got it in? Or at least running? I wonder if we can cut off the body Saturday night and remount it backwards before the green flag flies Sunday........................

cabinboy wrote:

Aren't we supposed to give it to the next team in the same condition we got it in? Or at least running? I wonder if we can cut off the body Saturday night and remount it backwards before the green flag flies Sunday........................

of course we can....this is Lemons...anything is possibe with enough beer and BACON

12. Gingerman , Heroic Fix award
10/12 Autobahn, 51st overall.
Team Apocalyptic Racing
1978 Ecotec Celica.

there should, in theory, be enough bacon at gingermann to pull this off.... allegedly

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Alaskan in Lexington, KY, aug 19th available to haul the Special K anywhere "left" on my way home, driving a 2004 chevy 1500. While a couple bacons for gas money would be appreciated, the chance to attend a Lemons race would be even better!