Re: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

fabtoys wrote:

When I was in high school I had a Camaro with no heat and I used to get in old sleeping bag and then get in car and drive. It worked pretty good . Oh and don't use a mummy bag those don't work out so good can't move your feet .

a proper mummy bag will have a bottom zipper which allows removal of foot(s) to be removed from bag for jobs that feet are required while in sleepybag . I'd prefer not to go into details.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

So - I have a "go anywhere you want" pass with my picture in it a COTA for this weekend's F1 race.
Instead of being there I'll be in Chicago working on the K. 

I am truly an idiot.

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

I spy a masochist.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I found a brand new 1989 "sonic turbo" stainless muffler. And random othernjunk.

autoxmike wrote:

So - I have a "go anywhere you want" pass with my picture in it a COTA for this weekend's F1 race.
Instead of being there I'll be in Chicago working on the K. 

I am truly an idiot.

doing  it wrong

206 (edited by autoxmike 2013-11-15 11:32 AM)

Who wants to garage the K in Denver for the theme work as well as any (highly improbably) needed mechanical work?  I plan to get to Denver either Sunday evening or late Monday afternoon.   If my services are not needed in Denver to help prepare the K for the 2nd half of the journey I may figure out how to get down to Woodland Park to visit my brother for a day or so..

Mike
Hong Norrth

Seems like word would have leaked out by now Mike.  It's easy to get the K car but hard as hell to get rid of it.  Good luck finding someone to take it off your hands.

This space for rent.

I'm sure SeldomSeen, RichVS, or Cadillac Bob will be happy to provide a place to work on the K. Will email them.

My brother had decent indoor space & tools etc in Woodland Park. But nit sure if everyone wants to trek there for the theme work

Mike
Hong Norrth

Pretty sure any or all of us will be happy to help. We all have nicely stocked workshops. Mine might be the only one with inside space. Also I have a lift. Downside is I live 18 miles east of Parker Co. So, a bit of a drive. Not nearly as bad as Woodland Park tho.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Time to get to it on the K.
First job: Replace driver side CV/Axle

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k435/Autoxmike/DSC_0395_zps045824b0.jpg

Mike
Hong Norrth

Who would want to be at COTA when the could be treating themselves to that view?! smile

(facebook.com/baconexplosions)

10x loser and 2x IOE winner (or is it wiener? Who cares as long as it isn't whiner.)

The driver's side axle needs replacing again? We put a new one in at the track on Sunday! Is it going through them that quickly?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

214 (edited by autoxmike 2013-11-16 06:29 PM)

Good progress on the K today. Put it up on the lift and gave it the once over. Brake pads should be good enough for the race.  Driver side axle replaced. Heater mostly done. Coolant hoses run into the cabin & blower mated to heater core. Maybe another 30 minutes to finish up the heater.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k435/Autoxmike/DSC_0398_zpsdcc20511.jpg

Mike
Hong Norrth

Maverick74 wrote:

The driver's side axle needs replacing again? We put a new one in at the track on Sunday! Is it going through them that quickly?

The inner CV boot was torn - probably from the relatively sharp angle of the CV due to lowering??

Mike
Hong Norrth

I'd bet..... The car is committing suicide

Does the K have working wipers? You might need them.

Judge Phil wrote:

Does the K have working wipers? You might need them.

Good question. I do know it has a horn. The horn button was my first guess as the starter button...

Mike
Hong Norrth

it doe......found them searching for running lights, and couldn't figure out how to turn em off

Doug: I went through the contents of the K ( then got a tetanus shot) and no sign of the harness belt you lost

Mike
Hong Norrth

The axles may be too long and the limited travel is causing them to bottom out and stress the knuckle.   

The way to know would be to jack the arm and watch the travel and limit the movement of the travel to stop prior to the binding of the axle.    You may need someone to sit on the front to have full effect of the car cornering.

This space for rent.

Super K has two wipers.  Only one works however.

This space for rent.

The K has had axle problems and fuel-delivery woes all year. Many have proclaimed victory over these ills, none have actually fixed them.

Judge Phil wrote:

The K has had axle problems and fuel-delivery woes all year. Many have proclaimed victory over these ills, none have actually fixed them.

This is how Phil pictured the various teams working on the K to me…
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/3/17/1300373194716/Longleats-notorious-troup-001.jpg

If you had a few more monkeys beating on random grimy junkyard parts with hammers, you'd have it exactly.