Topic: K vs BFE

So K is trying to reject her heart transplant.
We arrived around 9:30 this morning,, after the 1000 mile, 16 hour all-nighter. She was running good, we had a few last minute things to square away and were about ready for tech when we noticed the rear main seal had decided to start pissing oil all over the paddock. No biggie, called Frank, he and Anton could grab a seal on the way from the airport .... couple hours of wrench slinging she'd be good as new. So we headed for tech, where we found out that the kill switch had decided to go all tree hugger on us and stop killing ......
A few hours of wire shuffling and she decided to stop running all together .... we think the ECU has bit the big one....

We'll be back at it bright and early in hopes of getting her out on track where she belongs.

Wish us luck, and if you're at the track feel free to stop by and scratch ur head with us .....

Damn u Iaccoca!!

51 time Loser.

Re: K vs BFE

ECU is never the problem. Ever.

Check your grounds, check your power to the ecu, if it has any lights see if they light up.

Start looking for a set-o-points and a Quadrajet.

K Car Stalker

Come on guys  make us proud(er).

Go K go!

This space for rent.

It lives!!!!!  Again...

Bad ECU.

51 time Loser.

huzzah!

the video posted makes it look like it might be decent, now.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

How's the K after day one?  Teething issues sorted?

2011 LA-#53 300zx, 10 OA/3 B; 2012 RHoNJ-Guest Outlaw! #115 Parnelli Jones Galaxie; LA-#53 300zx, 15 OA/5 B; HH-#53 300zx KERBLOOIE!!!; 2013 TGTN-#53 300zx, 30 OA/4 B; LA-#86 golf, 32 OA/7 B; HH-#53 300zx; 2014 HH-#53 300zx
2017 HH-Squidrope #847 BATMOBILE, 9 laps of DOMINATION then Screwed; 2019 HH-#847 batmobile, 42 OA; 2021 Thompson-#847 batmobile, 12 OA;  HH-got Corked (#491 Miata), 72 OA

7 (edited by LeMonster 2013-06-03 06:01 PM)

Scored a junkyard ECU, fired right up.
Runs good!! Power!!! Ran a 2:30 flat 1st stint out. Fast lap of the race was a 2:18 last I looked .....

Then we had a myriad of other small issues, oil leak, its got a CV leaking, motor mount busted, and finally just after the checkers one of the coil wire fell off and stranded me on the back straight on the cool down lap....

All in all not a bad day. I'm sure we haven't eradicated all the gremlins yet but were fixing them as we find them and hope get some good laps in tomorrow.

51 time Loser.

psychoboy wrote:

huzzah!

the video posted makes it look like it might be decent, now.

Where is this video of which u speak??

51 time Loser.

Only 2 laps behind the petty cash cheaty E30. Go the K-Car!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Video puh-lease

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Brett85p wrote:

Why all the hate? We were paddock neighbors with the K and helped out whenever we weren't wrenching on our own car (for which we won the Heroic Fix trophy), not to mention donating a CD player, speakers and antenna to the K-It-Forward program.

Anyway, we had a much better day today despite a few new problems and new drivers.  smile

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

TeamPettyCash wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Why all the hate? We were paddock neighbors with the K and helped out whenever we weren't wrenching on our own car (for which we won the Heroic Fix trophy), not to mention donating a CD player, speakers and antenna to the K-It-Forward program.

Anyway, we had a much better day today despite a few new problems and new drivers.  smile

-Matt

No hate, just turned on race monitor and saw the K on 57 and the E30 on 59 laps. It's fun to see a Class C car close on laps to a class A car.

Race updates?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

TeamPettyCash wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

-Matt

Thats not bate Matt.... that's K car love.
It was good pitting with you guys, thanks for the help and advice. Sorry for getting in your way so much and spreading greasy K parts everywhere.

See u in Buttonwillow, we may have a better shot at beating the Cherokee, probably not, but a K can dream .....

51 time Loser.

LeMonster wrote:
TeamPettyCash wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

-Matt

Thats not bate Matt.... that's K car love.
It was good pitting with you guys, thanks for the help and advice. Sorry for getting in your way so much and spreading greasy K parts everywhere.

See u in Buttonwillow, we may have a better shot at beating the Cherokee, probably not, but a K can dream .....

We pitted next to the K Car at Gingerman and have nothing but love for the K, it was so cool to see it run all weekend when we all fully expected to be up to our elbows in Chrysler engine parts smile

LeMonster wrote:

It lives!!!!!  Again...

Bad ECU.

I humbly eat my crow, good sir.

Win!

K Car Stalker

Nah, you just weren't there to see the exploded capacitor on the ECU.

You will be reunited with the K soon...

firegremlin wrote:
LeMonster wrote:

It lives!!!!!  Again...

Bad ECU.

Win!

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

Um, would that be the fuxed capacitor?  big_smile

<Rimshot>

Thank you, tip your waitress.   I'll be here all week!

X-args wrote:

Nah, you just weren't there to see the exploded capacitor on the ECU.

You will be reunited with the K soon...

firegremlin wrote:
LeMonster wrote:

It lives!!!!!  Again...

Bad ECU.

Win!

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Not many things left to break on the K. It should be 100% reliable, once every part has broken and been replaced.

Judge Phil wrote:

Not many things left to break on the K. It should be 100% reliable, once every part has broken and been replaced.

...because the second engine did so well.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Judge Phil wrote:

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!1!!

This space for rent.

Judge Phil wrote:

Shenanigans!

As the owner of a K-car-cousin (Sundance), there is ALWAYS something ready (and willing) to fail on a Chrysler unless you first appease the yet-dead spirit of Uncle Lido.  I will be driving around the Chrysler world HQ later tonight and purging my radiator overflow cap somewhere near the main tower as a sign of respect in preparation for Autobahn.

The Pentastar whisperer

NSF wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!1!!

Shhhh! You'll make people think that following my advice about Lemons car selection isn't a good idea!

Thanks again to Brandon and Steve for letting me race with ya'll. The car runs and drives great! just a few lil issues to work out. The motor ran just as well as it did when it was in my Daytona, so I know the installation was done CORRECTLY!!!! The driving stints I did were fun( I really liked the track), the car was easy to drive and powered up the hills with ease! Job well done guys!

2011 Organizers choice at Garrapatas Peligrosas GP as a Rookie team! 2011 Yee-Haw its Lemons Scruffy Nerf Herder 1991 Dodge Daytona IROC Shelby R/T Charger, 2012 Yee-Haw its Lemons 1972 RX2 IOE WINNERS!!!!, 2012 North Dallas Hooptie the arrival of JUDGE FRANK! 2012 Gator-rama in the 1977 Mustang II, 2012 Season Ender the HONORABLE JUDGE FRANK! 2013 BFE GP in the K-Car and an I Got Screwed Award

What is the status of the engine?  How did it hold up.  What is left to do before it's first transcontinental journey?

This space for rent.