Topic: Rally Baby NJMP prep is underway.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1013977_10151701083761897_1499927984_n.jpg

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Re: Rally Baby NJMP prep is underway.

Lagavulin. The Cognac of Whiskys. Works like a depth charge. Pow.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/0 … 48219.html

Lagavulin is amazing.  Gobama for sure if it means Lagavulin.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

4 (edited by SpaceFrank 2013-07-18 11:53 AM)

Wow, thanks for posting that picture. I had that scotch last week but couldn't remember the name. I asked the bartender for a recommendation, told her I liked smoke and peat, and she brought back Lagavulin (probably 12 year). It was by far the smokiest scotch I've ever tasted. Tasted like it was aged in a forest fire.

Order the following noW:

Digital oil pressure gauge
Fuel pressure regulator
Bilsteins, HD all 4 corners. Holy mother of bounce.

K Car Stalker

Thanks, and keep this info coming.  Why digital v. mechanical OP gauge?  what size bilsteins?
and keep the where is it now, and when will it be here info coming too!

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

I think there is a freshly harvested fuel pressure regulator in one of the boxes in the car. Fleming95 got one but we never got it on the car at the Ridge. I would still say that the whole fuel system needs to be gone through.

On the highway it sputtered after filling up and only in 5th gear about 2500 rpm. And not every time. Went two fuel runs with no issues. One time cut out all together and I turned the kill switch off/on and it kicked in again.

On the track, cuts out on hard right hand turns and after going uphill and turning. We just started not lifting and taking wider, rolling, momentum trips through the right turns. Which actually made faster laps. And kept the sputtering/cutting out to a minimum.

We should start a K technical thread that tracks on one thread what everyone has done improvement-wise and repair-wise so everyone knows what has already been done when they get it. We weren't sure if it had gotten a new fuel tank or pump or not. We don't know if it got a new fuel filter or if anyone checked the lines. It would be cool if we could go from the start and track what has been done. That might help the gremlins get discovered and prevent work from being done twice.

There is a folder in the car that documents what Steve and Fleming 95 have done to the car recently.

Godspeed K-aytona. I will never forget you. One of my favorite Lemons experiences thus far.

The k car got a brand new tank, pump and inline filter before gingerman. We also flushed the lines so the crud didnt just wash back into the tank. Keep in mind though that this is a 2.2 pump so pressure and flowrate are probably wrong. Also in tank baffles dont exist. It just has a little c u p around the fuel pickup but it works better than what it had before.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Add radar detector to the list.

This space for rent.

Def. need a proper pump, then. Tbi is only 15psi.

K Car Stalker