Re: Wether they like it or not - Rally Baby owns the Super K

Pretty sure tSoG is gonna be there too.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Did the K finish in the top half of the standings this time?

Nope. 85 out of 146.   Close no cigar.  Next time for sure.

This space for rent.

But how did we do in the C class standings?

Keep in mind we were down and out for hours until we went to limp mode.

sad

griffer wrote:

P7, just ahead of one of the Punisher Pugs and the Upside-Down Camaro.

griffer wrote:

Keep in mind we were down and out for hours until we went to limp mode.:(

I'm pretty sure that's been standard operating procedure for the K during its most successful races. smile

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
griffer wrote:

P7, just ahead of one of the Punisher Pugs and the Upside-Down Camaro.

7 out of a field of 17! That's TOP HALF!!!

griffer wrote:

7 out of a field of 17! That's TOP HALF!!!

I like this man's thinking! Stay positive!

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

What is this 'thinking' you refer to?

On paper, a 2,588-pound car with manual transmission, 141-horsepower V6, and good tires ought to be pretty successful on a race track.

On paper.

Judge Phil wrote:

On paper, a 2,588-pound car with manual transmission, 141-horsepower V6, and good tires ought to be pretty successful on a race track.

On paper.

...and he slowly twists the knife...

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

tony bathgate from Team Final Gear said he's in.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I might be in for the K-ender. I'll have to see what the finances look like after MSR.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1167225_583341031717304_137242424_o.jpg

Rally Baby closes the chapter on the Secret K.   RB is sovereign once again.  Fantastic job guys.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1148926_583340945050646_178779385_n.jpg

The key exchange makes it official.

Next chapter = Sasha and DC will drive the K back to California to race.

This space for rent.

I hope everybody will be able to find their key-exchange photos at the end of the year, when I will write the glorious tale of The Least Reliable Car In Lemons History.

I'm collecting them all.  I even had the missing McDaniels/Overzett one from Thunderhill restaged at The Ridge.

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LWA13/210-UG-Pacific_Northworst_24_Hours_of_LeMons.jpg

You know what car finished in the top fifth at the Pacific Northworst race? 12th overall? This car. 1098cc engine, 48 horsepower, Lucas Electrics, and slow-motion driver changes.

So, the K has room for improvement.

...twists the knife slowly in the other direction...

"Would sir care for some salt in that wound?"

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Well, I have two choices: feel guilty for being the bad influence that resulted in NSF building this terrible car and the bearer of responsibility for the subsequent thousands of man-misery-hours (MMHs) that resulted as it destroyed the hopes and dreams of team after misguided team around the country... or I can twist the knife and celebrate the car's unparalleled terribleness. I choose the latter option. Actually, I feel guilty as well.

Anyway, when I write the whole story of the K-Car 2013 Adventure at the end of the year, literally dozens of readers will know the heroism of the K-It-FWD participants, making all the suffering worthwhile.

The good news is that the IOE bar keeps dropping for the K, as the atomic-level Butt Turribleness of the car becomes more apparent with each passing race. I think a top-half-o-standings finish is still going to be necessary for the IOE, but we're weakening a bit on that.

Baiting the hook once again...  Captain Disaster at the helm.

This space for rent.

Judge Phil wrote:

The good news is that the IOE bar keeps dropping for the K, as the atomic-level Butt Turribleness of the car becomes more apparent with each passing race. I think a top-half-o-standings finish is still going to be necessary for the IOE, but we're weakening a bit on that.

Reeeel 'em in slowly... When it's working it is actually not that terrible to drive- but it doesn't work very often.

What's up with the oil leak? Any ideas where it's coming from?
See you at the races...

-Anton

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

Hey!  Just got Mylaps info.  We did 254 laps, for 571 miles.  IIRC that's the most it has done this year!

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Judge Phil wrote:

Well, I have two choices: feel guilty for being the bad influence that resulted in NSF building this terrible car and the bearer of responsibility for the subsequent thousands of man-misery-hours (MMHs) that resulted as it destroyed the hopes and dreams of team after misguided team around the country... or I can twist the knife and celebrate the car's unparalleled terribleness. I choose the latter option. Actually, I feel guilty as well.

Anyway, when I write the whole story of the K-Car 2013 Adventure at the end of the year, literally dozens of readers will know the heroism of the K-It-FWD participants, making all the suffering worthwhile.

This is a Hobson's Choice. We all know that when it comes to our Lemons mounts, you have no operating sense of guilt.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

75 (edited by Wendell34 2013-08-14 02:48 PM)

I still think Judge Phil should be the one to Kowalski that thing from Denver to SF for the season ender. Just to fully grasp the K for the article. I agree with Anton, it really isn't so bad to drive when it is working. That is the problem. The drive to the track and the laps when it is working makes you BELIEVE it has a shot at IOE and even a C Class win. I really enjoyed the two hours I drove it when it was almost working right.
I also believe it is deserving of a new award; Season IOE. When we had it and thought we had a shot for IOE we were trying to figure out how to include everyone that had it before us. The stuff Steve and Brandon did to it, the stuff everyone before that did to it, the original development, and the things that have been done since will all lead to it winning an IOE if it does. I mean, right now it all helps to KEEP it from winning an IOE, but if it ever wins it feels like EVERYONE is responsible. At least that is how it felt when I had it.

As far as the oil leak goes, I think that is new. We didn't have that problem at the Ridge. At least not as bad as it seems now. I could smell a little burning oil. Chris said there would be a tiny bit of smoke under braking or deceleration on the trip up. We changed one valve cover gasket. That seemed to help a little. I'm curious where this leak is coming from. It wasn't getting into the cabin for sure.

GO K!