Re: One of the biggest mistakes you can make with the judges

Armand4 wrote:

Here's how I survived the penalty box with minimal pain:

1) Come in to the pits BEFORE they've had to black-flag you-- it was pretty damn obvious that I had slid the car right off Turn 14, so I knew I was going to get flagged in.  This also saves the starter and the race control people some time and frustration.
2) Let the judges know what happened.  Don't make something up, or blame someone else.  The judges hate this.  The team you're accusing of running you off the road will hate this too.
3) Keep your helmet on so Jonny and the Evil Genius can't recognize you.

On a related note, take a hard-earned lesson from one of my co-drivers at MSRH, who cost us a good 15 minutes:

- Say one of your co-drivers convinces the team to take the rear hatch and passenger-side door off on Saturday night so that your 107hp car can go on a crash diet. On Sunday, car gets black-flagged during the first session. When the car enters the Penalty Box, and the judge asks "didn't you have a door on there yesterday?", the correct response is "Yes, but we took it off to save weight." It is NOT "Shit, it was on there when we started this morning." Trust me, it will make your life a whole hell of a lot easier...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:

On a related note, take a hard-earned lesson from one of my co-drivers at MSRH, who cost us a good 15 minutes:

- Say one of your co-drivers convinces the team to take the rear hatch and passenger-side door off on Saturday night so that your 107hp car can go on a crash diet. On Sunday, car gets black-flagged during the first session. When the car enters the Penalty Box, and the judge asks "didn't you have a door on there yesterday?", the correct response is "Yes, but we took it off to save weight." It is NOT "Shit, it was on there when we started this morning." Trust me, it will make your life a whole hell of a lot easier...

hahahahah,

I've GOT to hear the story on the 15minutes between that remark and when you got released.

JThw8 wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

I feel for you guys.  Sounds like it was a bad weekend to be a judge sad

Naw -- totally fun. We loved it.

Glad to hear it, its fun because you all make it fun.  I think if you guys weren't enjoying yourselves everything would go downhill a bit.

I think the ability to arbitrarily assign punishments involving public humiliation is what separates a sucky job dealing with whiners from an entertaining job dealing with whiners. I know it would help the hell out of my workplace morale!

YesIFit wrote:

Just have this playing on a loop

http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/sou … by_cry.wav

This is classic......make it loop for an hour of more...then zip tie a boombox in their car until the next driver change (minimum 1 hour)....

Or do a "ride the whip" variation where the offending driver wears a diaper, sucks his thumb and sits on the roof of the vic with that booming in the background as you (with earplugs) slowly cruise the paddock ....that would be SWEET (as long as its not me or my team)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Evil Genius wrote:

There was one point when I was being nice to a team in the penalty box, the driver had fessed up to his crime, and I was about to give a lenient sentence, then up pops some team member or hanger on, swearing at me, telling me how wrong I was.... Wow, did that penalty increase.   The rest of the team and the driver tried to get the guy to shut up and then denied he was even with them... what a sorry scene.  Very entertaining watching the poor schmuck get tossed under the bus, we all had a good laugh.

The guy who got in my face, telling me that I was "fucking stupid'   didn't help matters, I was really hard on teams with bad attitudes after that.

You were very reasonable with my drivers on day 2.  We probably deserved much worse, but we appreciate that you let our last guy get his seat time in.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/j … -504px.jpg

We've got the World's Greatest Whiner Alarm, but it's a real PITA to bring to races.

If you ship it to me, I will make sure it gets to Southern Discomfort, then I can ship it back to you or another trusted individual at the next race.