Topic: Hours on Track vs Hours in Pits

I think we need some record keeping that captures the turning point for the K (that's bound to happen sooner or later). Statistics! We need Statistics!

Per race (with running total) #of hours on track under green and # of hours off track under green
Maybe include the number of race miles over number of street mile, to boost morale.

I'm not in this deal, but as an outsider these are things I'd appreciate seeing.

Re: Hours on Track vs Hours in Pits

It would have been great to have kept that throughout the year but who knew it would have spent so much time off track under green?

Not that I'm a stalker or anything but I've been keeping a spreadsheet of each race with the results including laps and mileage. That's the best I've got, but I don't have a clue how to post it.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

*Sigh*

I could do this, but I already have my hands full. It would have to be an estimate, but whoever does it can either go to MyLaps (if you feel like a masochist) to find the results or you can pull the Specialty Timing timecards.

Long laps usually stand out and you can do some pretty accurate math (I'd guess accurate to 5-10 minutes for the weekend) to get the ratio.

I'll go ahead and guess that NMF have the best track-time-to-pit-time ratio for the year.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

BTW, that *sigh* is out of disappointment in myself for not having more time to do stuff like this.

Maybe I should start a Kickstarter for commercial space travel to Mercury or something and then just pocket the cash, live like a king, and write nonsensical statistical analysis of Lemons all day long looking for patterns that prove Jay and Nick really work for the NSA.

That's what Kickstarter is for, right?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Spank wrote:

Maybe include the number of race miles over number of street mile, to boost morale.

My upcoming ~7K mile addition to this will seriously ruin the statistic. I'm sure the K is gonna make the trip just fine, and then will blow up in the first 10 laps on the track, as always.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:
Spank wrote:

My upcoming ~7K mile addition to this will seriously ruin the statistic. I'm sure the K is gonna make the trip just fine, and then will blow up in the first 10 laps on the track, as always.

I guess Lee Iaccoca is like the anti Colin Chapman.  Wasn't the Chapman mantra that if the car didn't fall apart just after it crossed the finish line, it was overbuilt?  The K car seems to fall apart just after crossing the starting line..

bs

cabinboy wrote:

who knew it would have spent so much time off track under green?

OH OH OH!!!  I know the answer to this one!

Everybody, with the possible exception of a certain Russian.  Deep down, I think he knows and just chooses not to believe.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

MAYBE we were down 2 hours total on Saturday, not more than 3. We posted laps on both days, and Sunday was consistent driving.

And oil leaking.

griffer wrote:

Sunday was consistent driving.

And oil leaking.

It was the same with us. We went through a lot of oil on Sunday after using almost no oil on Saturday. But we were consistent driving on both days.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

10 (edited by sbarton 2013-08-20 11:22 AM)

This is actually pretty easy to estimate.  Go to the race results on MyLaps and figure out how many laps the car did and what was the average lap time.  Multiply the two numbers.  That gives you how long it was on track for.  Add an hour for pit stops.  Now just subtract that from how long the race was supposed to be to get how long it spent in the pits during the race. 

-Scott

Scott Barton

sbarton wrote:

This is actually pretty easy to estimate.  Go to the race results on MyLaps and figure out how many laps the car did and what was the average lap time.  Multiply the two numbers.  That gives you how long it was on track for.  Add an hour for pit stops.  Now just subtract that from how long the race was supposed to be to get how long it spent in the pits during the race. 

-Scott

Our pits were SO SLOOOWWWWW.

Hence the hour for pit/driver changes.  Probably should be more, but whatever.  wink

-Scott

Scott Barton

I've been tracking the non-race travel.  Close to 20k miles of travel between races with a third (maybe more) of it transited under its own power.  After the DC>FL>Thill>Houston trip, assuming it hasn't done blowed up, it'll be close to 30k total road miles and over half of it without a trailer.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

cabinboy wrote:

It would have been great to have kept that throughout the year but who knew it would have spent so much time off track under green?

Not that I'm a stalker or anything but I've been keeping a spreadsheet of each race with the results including laps and mileage. That's the best I've got, but I don't have a clue how to post it.

Shoot me your spreadsheet!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

3 on track and 11 down at CMP first race.

This space for rent.