Re: ACCEPTED: Chubba Cheddar Enduro

Chili and bacon. This keeps getting better. Who cares if there's 6" of snow on the track?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:

Chili and bacon. This keeps getting better. Who cares if there's 6" of snow on the track?

We'll have beer, so that makes the trifecta!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

davisriley wrote:

So it's not just a clever name?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

As Anton mentioned, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing will be there with our new steed.

Hopefully there will be no need for Friday night wrenching!

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

therood wrote:
davisriley wrote:

Nope, statement of truth.  We usually don't have the finest food situation, so it also works well in barter mode.  We have eaten a lot of bacon.

Bloomington, IN
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

31 (edited by tSoG 2013-08-26 08:42 PM)

davisriley wrote:
therood wrote:
davisriley wrote:

Nope, statement of truth.  We usually don't have the finest food situation, so it also works well in barter mode.  We have eaten a lot of bacon.

just remember to mount a tire or pushbar to the front of your car ~ 18" off the ground for bumpdrafting.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:
davisriley wrote:
therood wrote:

just remember to mount a tire or pushbar to the front of your car ~ 18" off the ground for bumpdrafting.

I was going with the back so someone can push us back to the pits.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

33 (edited by davisriley 2013-08-27 06:37 AM)

Brett85p wrote:
tSoG wrote:
davisriley wrote:

Sadly there is nothing in the front of our car but 20 year old fiberglass, hopes and dreams.  On a serious not, should we all gang together so we can share a couple of pit stalls?  Tsog never uses it,as his car does not actually use fuel,  so us, you and bayley should all fit at one.  Plus we can huddle for warmth

Bloomington, IN

davisriley wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
tSoG wrote:

Sadly there is nothing in the front of our car but 20 year old fiberglass, hopes and dreams.  On a serious not, should we all gang together so we can share a couple of pit stalls?  Tsog never uses it,as his car does not actually use fuel,  so us, you and bayley should all fit at one.  Plus we can huddle for warmth

Don't forget tSoG is trying to launch a three car armada at this race along with trying to get a big freaking school bus. If all his fantasies (and ours) come true he's gonna need a lot of room. Plus I seem to remember mention of a mobile stripper pole.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Brett85p wrote:

Apocolyptic Racing will be there in the Celica.
How does RA compare with Gingerman/Autobahn for tire wear and brake wear?

We thought that RA was the hardest track on our brakes last year. T1 and T5 were very hard on the brakes and we ended up going threw our passenger side front pads and spraying brake fluid everywhere in a fabulous ball of smoke!
Be sure to put on a new set for the start then check them after Saturday. Bring spares!

Currently, we are not planning to attend because of other conflicts but have fun and keep your foot in it from Canada corner until T14.
Good luck!

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

davisriley wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
tSoG wrote:

Sounds like a plan!
Will need a giant pit board like the NASCAR teams...
http://i41.tinypic.com/4gi6a.jpg

Tango wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

We thought that RA was the hardest track on our brakes last year. T1 and T5 were very hard on the brakes and we ended up going threw our passenger side front pads and spraying brake fluid everywhere in a fabulous ball of smoke!
Be sure to put on a new set for the start then check them after Saturday. Bring spares!

Currently, we are not planning to attend because of other conflicts but have fun and keep your foot in it from Canada corner until T14.
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, we wore out a set of new Carbotech XP8 pads at Autobahn but hopefully the enhanced home depot brake cooling ducts will keep them cooler and make them last longer.

Sent you an email via the forum.  I"m looking for a ride.  Have all the safety gear and have run at Road America before.

Let me know.

Jim Hugger

Multiple Entries - Best Finish CMP Fall 2017 - 9th Overall - 1993 BMW 325
Lemons cars: 1983 VW Rabbit, 1993 BMW 325, 1988 BMW 325e

davisriley wrote:

I think your Fiberglass has more structural reinforcement qualities than our original heavily oxidized bumper beams.  One team member suggested taking a hole saw to the bumper beam for weight savings.  I think if we simply unbolted the bumped, shook it violently and / or dropped it on the concrete, we would effectively flake loose ~80% of the remaining material.  PROFIT!

Down for sharing of pit stalls.  It will be the Duster and Focus as both cars were accepted.

The Pentastar whisperer

Tango wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Good luck!

That was one of my favorite parts of Road America - running up through that off-camber left hander in a FWD car.  In our videos, you can hear the engine revving as the left front tire would lift twice, each time through there.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Tango wrote:

Good luck!

Is somebody worried that a tag-team B-class assault from a rusty old K-car derived Mopar and Kiwi powered Celica will possibly show up your precious little E30?

wink

Joking aside, bummed that you and your crew aren't making it out.  I read somewhere that Skid Marks was "thinking" about bringing the Neon out for the mid-west ender but they were on the fence. 

Side note: it was fun watching the old man get into the car on Sunday afternoon at MIS.  I was calculating lap times and with his ~5 second advantage over the first place Neon, he would have passed the Neon with ~5 minutes left to race.  Unfortunately, they pulled their slow driver out shortly after you guys went out and replaced him with their hot shoe.  It was a difficult decision who to cheer for; a fellow Lemons team, or a fellow Mopar masochist.  Tough call.

The Pentastar whisperer

We just ran with Chump at Michigan International last weekend, and believe it or not we still have two fully functional Supras (race car and street car). We are signed up and in for RA.

Question, will anyone have a tire mounting machine at this race? We think our fronts have one more day in them, but maybe not two more days, and we don't have 2 extra front rims that we like enough to mount new tires ahead of time.

Wisconsin crap will be there with our 325, no more cow theme tho, I was beyond bored with it, even tho my team hates me now.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

44 (edited by Bayley 2013-08-27 10:22 AM)

wild bill wrote:

We just ran with Chump at Michigan International last weekend, and believe it or not we still have two fully functional Supras (race car and street car).

I saw your car out there, but didn't get a chance to drop in.  You guys have come a long way since you first pitted next to us (the Team Reynolds Style Celica) at Autobahn last summer.  Thanks again for buying all our extra gas that we had no use for after blowing up our only motor on the test day.

I'll be bringing my el-cheap-o Harbor Freight manual tire mounter.  It works in a pinch, but can be a real bear with lower profile tires.  You're welcome to have at it, but if you break it... you'll owe me $20 for a new tire mounter.

The Pentastar whisperer

45 (edited by BoB 2013-08-27 10:30 AM)

Brett85p wrote:

Will need a giant pit board like the NASCAR teams...
http://i41.tinypic.com/4gi6a.jpg

This did make it easier to figure out where to stop especially if your team is filled with people wear stuff they bought through Lemons.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8299/7854701122_39f1e732be.jpg

So I'd say bring something.  The Supratroopers bear seemed to work well too. so doesn't have to be a sign just something large noticeable and hopefully entertaining.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Bayley wrote:
wild bill wrote:

We just ran with Chump at Michigan International last weekend, and believe it or not we still have two fully functional Supras (race car and street car).

I saw your car out there, but didn't get a chance to drop in.  You guys have come a long way since you first pitted next to us (the Team Reynolds Style Celica) at Autobahn last summer.  Thanks again for buying all our extra gas that we had no use for after blowing up our only motor on the test day.

I'll be bringing my el-cheap-o Harbor Freight manual tire mounter.  It works in a pinch, but can be a real bear with lower profile tires.  You're welcome to have at it, but if you break it... you'll owe me $20 for a new tire mounter.

Thanks! It's been a heck of a ride the past 2 years, that's for sure.

Also we had one of those manual mounters, failed to get the tire on, and bent the mounter up enough that we couldn't return it. Thanks for the offer though.

Here's a picture from this weekend just because smile

http://i.imgur.com/vwucxVvl.jpg

BoB wrote:

The Supratroopers bear seemed to work well too.

Who said that was ours? That could have been anyone's bear.

Bayley wrote:
davisriley wrote:

I think your Fiberglass has more structural reinforcement qualities than our original heavily oxidized bumper beams.  One team member suggested taking a hole saw to the bumper beam for weight savings.  I think if we simply unbolted the bumped, shook it violently and / or dropped it on the concrete, we would effectively flake loose ~80% of the remaining material.  PROFIT!

Down for sharing of pit stalls.  It will be the Duster and Focus as both cars were accepted.

I don't know, it's held together mostly with aluminum cut from old license plates.  I hope to not find out

Bloomington, IN

I'm not going to try staking a claim this early, but I'd actually like to be on the grass spots between track in/out, like we were last year. there's room enough for 3 cars, and depending on mechanical/driver issues, this seems easier for us than trying to fight over the paved spots. we can always lug any hypothetical fuel jugs over as needed. It doesn't steal a strategic position away from any teams using the hot pits, but isn't far enough away that we're inconvenienced either way.

If anyone can find it, I'm looking for an ~36' flat nosed school bus, diesel obviously, and ideally not an 8.2L. bonus points if it already has been (re)titled as an RV. 3-5 grand price range. if it doesn't have 26' of floor behind the driver, it's not worth as much.

I just had a really spectacularly horrible idea. I've just got to talk to some locals and find out if disposal will cause nightmares.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

So your looking for something like this http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4013055611.html
although you know everyone does love Tacos  http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3980492542.html
or retro charm http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3990120760.html
this one might be too small http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/3933535405.html
or maybe a deck that we will all fall off of and kill ourselves.  http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/3944633570.html

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page