26 (edited by stimpyvan 2013-09-23 07:05 AM)

Re: My prayers go out to the Brayton family #22

Mulry wrote:
chaase wrote:

I was really sad to hear about the passing of Sid. Prayers out to his friends and family. I am going to try to get helmet stickers for our team for the race. Our team captain sent me an email saying, we are car #22 for Loudon, NH next month. The captain thinks we should beg a car number change from Jay for the race. I am torn between leaving the car as #22 and getting the change. Part of me wishes that Lemons would retire the car number permanently.

There is a race next week in Houston. Anyone know who has #22 and what are you planning on doing?

Here's an idea:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JazKbe0Izb4/UkA-yayxGLI/AAAAAAAAASw/EBP6BArSimI/s144/Sid-Brayton-22.jpg

Will be glad to send a .jpg, .png, .pdf or .ai to anybody who asks. RIP, Sid.

Pat,  can you send the jpg  to van (at) Speedchimp (dot)  com?  Thank you!

Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

Here's a strange/ ironic note:

Sid was born and raised in New Hampshire.
He is being taken back there for burial.

As unofficial spokesman, I say...
KEEP the 22 for the Loudon race.
Rock the 22.
Revel in the 22.
Make the track YOURS- drive it like you stole it.

Sid did-

...and raise a toast (or several smile ) afterwards.
Sid never drank during the race weekend... but always had TWO beers afterwards.

(strange- I just got the repeated use of the number '2' )

Some other racer out there does or will want the number 22... why deny them their pleasure?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Brayton Family and all of his teammates and friends. 

We have a full sign/print shop, and I will gladly print up as many of these needed and give them to Lemons HQ to distribute at all future races if that works for all involved.

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

29 (edited by chaase 2013-09-23 08:01 AM)

kolonelott wrote:

Here's a strange/ ironic note:

Sid was born and raised in New Hampshire.
He is being taken back there for burial.

As unofficial spokesman, I say...
KEEP the 22 for the Loudon race.
Rock the 22.
Revel in the 22.
Make the track YOURS- drive it like you stole it.

Sid did-
...and raise a toast (or several smile ) afterwards.
Sid never drank during the race weekend... but always had TWO beers afterwards.

(strange- I just got the repeated use of the number '2' )

Some other racer out there does or will want the number 22... why deny them their pleasure?

If he was born and will be buried in NH, then #22 will be run at Loudon and it would be my honor to keep the number unless you guys are running up here and we will gladly give it to you. You don't have to worry about us driving like we stole it. It is the only way to get any speed out of the Saturn.  We use all of the 7k rev limiter.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

There is a race next week in Houston. Anyone know who has #22 and what are you planning on doing?

Thats us.  The annoying TGTW/555 Racing Jeeps.  We are working something out now for the Comanche, #22.  We are also running #20 on the Cherokee, lots of 2s rolling around. 
Tough loss and prayers for his family.  Makes you really stop and think about what is important in life.

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/jeepn012/raceready_zps54682b97.jpg

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/jeepn012/untitled1_zps2f75db68.png

What's a ratchet?
TGTW Offroad/555 Racing Minion - Jeep(s) Cherokee/Comanche

DIPSTICK wrote:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Brayton Family and all of his teammates and friends. 

We have a full sign/print shop, and I will gladly print up as many of these needed and give them to Lemons HQ to distribute at all future races if that works for all involved.

That is fantastic.  Thank you, and thanks to everyone.  There is no doubt why I spend as much time as I do with this group of people.  I have never seen a group of people who don't really know each other outside of a hobby pull together so tightly over any need in our group. 

I'll never forget our first race as newbie's.  We had a massive issue(cage wasn't going to get done).  Rob from Schumacher Taxi, someone I had never met, seen or talked to, offered sight unseen to help us build a cage, at the track.   His words were "We will get you on track."  Any time we have ever broken, there is always someone who comes up looking to see what we need.  Every time, and usually it's someone that we are racing for position with.  Just very good people

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

We run #22 on our Jeep Comanche here in the Gulf Region - It is presently themed as the 'Brown Car Tribute". We're working on something for a revised Tribute...if we can keep it running...

See ya at MSR - Everyone drive safely!!!

Team TGTW Offroad Racing
7 TIME LOSER - 1997 Jeep Cherokee and 1989 Jeep Comanche
Winner of the inaugural  2012 Cherokee Cup

Anyone have a photo of his car prior to the accident.  Working on something for a tribute.

DIPSTICK wrote:

Thanks brother. Shoot me an email at patrickmulry@gmail.com and I'll send you the art.

For everybody who asked, I'm emailing the art to you now.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:
DIPSTICK wrote:

Thanks brother. Shoot me an email at patrickmulry@gmail.com and I'll send you the art.

For everybody who asked, I'm emailing the art to you now.

Email sent.  I will get these made up and ship them to Lemons HQ

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

I love you guys.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Firstly I would like to offer mine and my team's condolences.

Secondly, this thread is why I love you all.  I will never stop racing Lemons.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

dgmontoya wrote:

Anyone have a photo of his car prior to the accident.  Working on something for a tribute.

I couldn't find any in Phil's Uber Galleries, but AWOL Photo has some of the car from the December 2012 ChumpCar race at Road Atlanta.

Click this link and then search for #22.

You might want to ask the AWOL guy--I think his name is Eric--if you can use one. He's been pretty cool when I've talked to him in the past; just tell him why you'd like to use it and tell him you'll give credit for the image.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

39 (edited by Mulry 2013-09-23 09:57 AM)

In case anybody else wants it, I've dropped all the art (.ai, .pdf, .jpg, and .png) into a .zip file and put it up on a public dropbox so you can just download it here:

This is the WinZip version if you already have it and don't want the self-extracting version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115 … dTrib2.zip

Here's the self-extracting version if you don't have a copy of WinZip:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115 … dTrib2.exe

Cheers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

40 (edited by Virginia's owner 2013-09-23 09:29 AM)

I have been racing Lemons for 3 or 4 years and lurking on the forums just as long and this is the thread that finally got me to register. You lemon heads are great, what an outpouring of love and respect for a fellow racer that many of us have never met.

Dipstick, instead of shipping them across country and them shipping them back east just send them to me for the Louden race. I am in CT and could have them up there Friday am. Shoot me an email for shipping info.
Kenny@automotiveconnectionct.com

As for you Sid, Here's to bouncing the rev limiter in heaven and never throwing a rod!
Cheers

Just spoke to Laura.  She too is overwhelmed with the outpouring of support.  I reminded her her father didn't die on the track, that is where he lived.  She is a strong woman.

Sounds like money is tight and the support from the Lemons family is both needed and appreciated.  I will deposit the monies given at CMP this afternoon into her account.  (~ $4500 +/-)  J has graciously offered to match the monies we collected. 

I'll post her Paypal information later.

b

This space for rent.

The pics from R Atlanta were cool. Our in-house artiste ginned up the boards with Christmas lights to help the number 22 show up in the dark...

of course, the car at CMP looked different because we had taken the doors, front fenders, and hood from a CRX parts car to replace the dented stuff.

Those red doors with the HUGE white 22s on them really stood out.
Sid painted on those numerals himself.

(Yes, I know everything is gonna sound maudlin - sorry smile )

NSF wrote:

Just spoke to Laura.  She too is overwhelmed with the outpouring of support.  I reminded her her father didn't die on the track, that is where he lived.  She is a strong woman.

Sounds like money is tight and the support from the Lemons family is both needed and appreciated.  I will deposit the monies given at CMP this afternoon into her account.  (~ $4500 +/-)  J has graciously offered to match the monies we collected. 

I'll post her Paypal information later.

b

Thank you for doing this.  I'll donate when it comes up.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I wonder how much it would cost to have a crapcan version of this made?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1080/1397754081_03a2da8765.jpg

Note: I'm just trying to inject a little humor into a sad situation, not upset anyone.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Mulry wrote:
chaase wrote:

I was really sad to hear about the passing of Sid. Prayers out to his friends and family. I am going to try to get helmet stickers for our team for the race. Our team captain sent me an email saying, we are car #22 for Loudon, NH next month. The captain thinks we should beg a car number change from Jay for the race. I am torn between leaving the car as #22 and getting the change. Part of me wishes that Lemons would retire the car number permanently.

Here's an idea:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JazKbe0Izb4/UkA-yayxGLI/AAAAAAAAASw/EBP6BArSimI/s144/Sid-Brayton-22.jpg

Will be glad to send a .jpg, .png, .pdf or .ai to anybody who asks. RIP, Sid.

To Sid.

Thanks for this, Mulry. Please send a png to brandt(at)symptify(dot)com.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

46 (edited by Mike C. 2013-09-23 10:33 AM)

Just got home after running CMP with NSF this weekend.  Bob made the suggestion that there might be a need to be filled, and I walked around with Katie and Chelsea, Speedy Jamie, Marra and a few people from his team, passing the hat (actually a bucket and a milk crate).  I didn't know what to expect - perhaps a few hundred dollars, maybe a grand?  It was dusk and a lot of folks were in the (astonishingly quiet) paddock, working on their cars, or sitting around contemplating the day's events, and what we all do, and the gravity that is the flip side of this circus.  It was a strange atmosphere, to put it mildly.  We walked up to each knot of people and told them what we were doing.  I do not recall a single team even hesitating for a moment to open their wallets, and ask that we pass along condolences.  The generosity was astonishing and universal.  This is truly an amazing group of people.  My gratitude for the opportunity to know you all cannot be overstated.  And of course, the grace with which Jay and HQ handled things was exemplary.  It was an emotional awards ceremony (all on tape and perhaps available to be shared with those who were not there).  Again, you are an incredible group of people.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

I was sad to hear about this over the weekend.  My thoughts and prayers are with Sid and his family.

I watched the last episode of "Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" on Saturday, where they talked about the death of Allan Simonsen.  Then I watched "Le Mans" starring Steve McQueen, which was more somber than I remembered, and on Sunday I heard about Sid Brayton's death; all of which cast a pall on this whole idea of racing.

Then I read in this thread about the response from Jay and other racers, and I'm reminded why this community is special.  You guys are great, and I look forward to the 24 at MSR!

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1267211_4850212632107_917714569_o.jpg

You guys are the best.  This was pulled together in less than an hour.  Monies are in Laura's account and available.

This space for rent.

Please let us know when there's a paypal account we can send a donation to.  Or a name & address for a check, that works too.

blizzard wrote:

Please let us know when there's a paypal account we can send a donation to.  Or a name & address for a check, that works too.

+1

This outpouring is amazing and I hope we can add to it

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners