51 (edited by ICAustinMiniMan 2013-09-23 10:54 AM)

Re: My prayers go out to the Brayton family #22

PunisherBass wrote:

I wonder how much it would cost to have a crapcan version of this made?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1080/1397754081_03a2da8765.jpg

Note: I'm just trying to inject a little humor into a sad situation, not upset anyone.

Well, what do you know... someone made a superleggera version of our race car!

On a side note, I hope our team's slightly flamboyant celebration at the awards ceremony wasn't misplaced. I realize we were somewhat of a stark contrast to an otherwise relatively somber event. We were all just a little in shock, and besides, the gamut of emotions this weekend was something I've never experienced before. Lemons is full of universally awesome people, and I was truly impressed, humbled, and awe-struck by the entire community.

Idle Clatter Racing: 1979 Mercedes 300SD Delivery Spaceship,  "Not all ideas are good."
Fall 2013 CMP I.O.E.
Shine Country Classic 2014 and Southern Discomfort: Showed Up; Didn't Blowed Up
Humidi TT: DOMINATION. Barber 2015: "Least Southern Pickup Truck"

Laura Brayton
1450 Washington St. Unit 906
Hoboken, NJ

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

Laura Brayton
1450 Washington St. Unit 906
Hoboken, NJ

Does she have a paypal as well?  I was hoping to use facebook to solicit some donations as well but not sure I would want to post her home address out in public there.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

So sad to hear about what happened.  Thoughts are with the family, and my family will get extra hugs today for sure. 

Please post the Paypal info as soon as you have it.

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff

She has her PayPal setup through her telephone.  I guess all you have to do is enter this number.

Let the rest of us know if it works.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

She has her PayPal setup through her telephone.  I guess all you have to do is enter this number.

Seems to work just fine.  That's whose name is associated with the number.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Amazing people who race, truly shows it is a brotherhood

I'd like to express my appreciation for the condolences and support for Sid and our family.  Sid was my younger brother.  We grew up around racing with an uncle and a cousin who raced super modifieds in both New England and Florida.  We always enjoyed the friendship of the racers and pit crews and Sid became very passionate about racing cars himself.  He raced late model stocks before they were anything like they are today and advanced to race late models that were closer to what you see today.  As he raised his family he stopped racing cars and motorcycles but always followed local and professional racing.  He was always busy with some sort of project and often thought of getting back into racing.  After his children graduated he went back to racing, participating in SCCA time trials and oval track racing.  The 24 Hours of Lemons series gave him the perfect opportunity to race with friends and within his budget.

I was at CMP last fall for the 24 Hours event and thoroughly enjoyed meeting his new team and competitors at the street show in Camden and at the track.  The team was improving the car's reliability and said that it really handled well.  It was a great weekend.  My job prevented me from getting to CMP this year but Sid was excited about the teams progress and the opportunity to race again.  I believe he was very happy right up to the point his heart stopped.  Although it is very painful to lose him so soon, I am comforted by knowing that he died doing what he loved to do and didn't suffer long in his passing.

I'm extremely grateful for the response from the 24 Hours community.  You are a great group of wonderful people.  As for retiring the number 22, I don't believe it is necessary.  Sid always raced the number 2 when he could if he owned the car, but he also ran a number 51 and 38 in New Hampshire and had different numbers on his enduro motorcycles.  I believe he would want you all to go on enjoying your lives to the fullest.

davisriley wrote:
NSF wrote:

Seems to work just fine.  That's whose name is associated with the number.

Worked for me as well.  Thanks for setting this up.

bs

I never had the pleasure of meeting your brother, but like the rest of the Lemons community, we share your pain.  Sounds like he was having fun, just wish he could have enjoyed a few more races.

My sincere condolences,

bs

chaase wrote:
kolonelott wrote:

Here's a strange/ ironic note:

Sid was born and raised in New Hampshire.
He is being taken back there for burial.

As unofficial spokesman, I say...
KEEP the 22 for the Loudon race.
Rock the 22.
Revel in the 22.
Make the track YOURS- drive it like you stole it.

Sid did-
...and raise a toast (or several smile ) afterwards.
Sid never drank during the race weekend... but always had TWO beers afterwards.

(strange- I just got the repeated use of the number '2' )

Some other racer out there does or will want the number 22... why deny them their pleasure?

If he was born and will be buried in NH, then #22 will be run at Loudon and it would be my honor to keep the number unless you guys are running up here and we will gladly give it to you. You don't have to worry about us driving like we stole it. It is the only way to get any speed out of the Saturn.  We use all of the 7k rev limiter.

If you want, I could make numbers for your racecar with the artwork that Mulry is sharing.  I am running Loudon and could put them on the car for you on Friday.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Works. I'm so sorry for their loss.  It sucks.  sad   Glad to help someone in this situation.   I'm proud of all of us for responding how I would hope people would respond if I was in a similar situation.

NSF wrote:

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

i grew up with sid and family---sid loved his 292 ford engines-sid was our designated driver in high school--
he sure put up with lots of crap!!  was up last summer to visit--went to bentley's saloon and he chatted
with bentley warren about uncle otis brayton who was a great racer in his day.I am quite sure sid was smiling
when he passed--lucky man to go doing what he loved!
         love ya sid---we will meet again soon--craig

racinrob wrote:

If you want, I could make numbers for your racecar with the artwork that Mulry is sharing.  I am running Loudon and could put them on the car for you on Friday.

Hey Rob,
  Thank you for your generous offer. Elmo's Revenge would like to take you up on the offer. Shoot me an email chaase[at]optonline[dot]net

Thanks,
Chris

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:
racinrob wrote:

Hey Rob,
  Thank you for your generous offer. Elmo's Revenge would like to take you up on the offer. Shoot me an email chaase[at]optonline[dot]net

Thanks,
Chris

I think all the files you'll need are in the files on Dropbox, but if you need me to send you the individual files not-compressed, just let me know & I'll email them.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Our team will be at MSR Houston this weekend in one of the garages next to the hot pit. We are the yellow Taxi number 38 JBWeld team

I will be more than happy to start a MSR Houston collection and turn it over to Jay and the Lemons crew if they do not already have something planned. I will be driving the night shift so I should be highly visible during both days.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab278/shadesoftint/001-6_zpsa305d4c8.jpg

stanculpepper wrote:

Our team will be at MSR Houston this weekend in one of the garages next to the hot pit. We are the yellow Taxi number 38 JBWeld team

I will be more than happy to start a MSR Houston collection and turn it over to Jay and the Lemons crew if they do not already have something planned. I will be driving the night shift so I should be highly visible during both days.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab278/shadesoftint/001-6_zpsa305d4c8.jpg

I'll be at MSR with the blue Festiva.  Come find me and we'll work out the details.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I still feel shocked and saddened that we've lost a fellow racer, and so suddenly. A grim reminder that we might not have a chance to say goodbye when our time comes.

It wouldn't feel like we all lost a family member with Sid's untimely death if we wouldn't be like one big family to each other, though. The community response is nothing short of amazing.

Deepest condolences to Sid's family.

K Car Stalker

69 (edited by Mulry 2013-09-23 05:44 PM)

Thanks to Scott Carr, we will have #22 stickers available for the teams at Houston this weekend. I need to coordinate final details with Scott, but I anticipate we will  have them available in our garages on Friday. Whatever we don't use this weekend we'll send with the HQ team for the next races.

I'm thinking maybe $10 each and we'll deposit the cash into the PayPal after the race? $20?

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

Thanks to Scott Carr, we will have #22 stickers available for the teams at Houston this weekend. I need to coordinate final details with Scott, but I anticipate we will  have them available in our garages on Friday. Whatever we don't use this weekend we'll send with the HQ team for the next races.

I'm thinking maybe $10 each and we'll deposit the cash into the PayPal after the race? $20?

I was going to make a sealed bucket with a slot in the top for donations. I'll give it to you guys if you want to use it for any donations.  Sign me up for three stickers as I am a part time driver in three cars.

stanculpepper wrote:
Mulry wrote:

I was going to make a sealed bucket with a slot in the top for donations. I'll give it to you guys if you want to use it for any donations.  Sign me up for three stickers as I am a part time driver in three cars.

That is a fine idea. We'll just put the stickers next to the bucket if that works for Scott.

Mulry wrote:

When I have done this in the past for other drivers I normally asked for at least $5.00 each, but donate more if you like.  I found that many people were willing to give more than the $5.00. 

Don't let this dissuade you from asking for more.  I was just passing on my experience.  Sadly, I have done this for too many drivers over the last several years.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013

Mulry wrote:
chaase wrote:
racinrob wrote:

Hey Rob,

Thanks,
Chris

I think all the files you'll need are in the files on Dropbox, but if you need me to send you the individual files not-compressed, just let me know & I'll email them.

Mulry,  the .ai file should be what I need.  I downloaded the files from the dropbox.  Thank you for making those available.

Enduro motorcycles? He and I had a lot in common, I did that for many years.

Philosophy of life: old age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth, enthusiasm and cash. General smartass know it all beer swilling ne'er do well. Avoid eye contact with this person, best avoided completely. 2008 Animal House Racing CMP 'Most Likely To Leave In An Ambulance' 2009 Blind Rodent Racing CMP 2010 Team Galileo CMP 2011 Roundhouse Kick Racing CMP 2012 Road Kill Grill Racing CMP (x2)

Mulry wrote:

I'm in for 2

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs