Topic: 4 wheeler for trailer

Hey everyone,
  I've been looking at getting a 4wheeler/golf cart for pulling racecar/moving stuff in/out of trailer, and carrying gas jugs/wheels tires.

question is how big of an engine do i need?

this is gonna sound realllllllllly dumb, but my 50cc Yamaha zuma (we were reallllllllllllly bored) can pull a D1GP corolla, and i could carry stuff with it with my creative little things I had for it.

Anyways, I was just curious what yall thought, honestly I'm kinda thinking a 200ccish 3 wheeler with some sweet baskets attatched to the front forks is just what the doctor ordered, but curious from some of yall who have experience with this stuff.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

Re: 4 wheeler for trailer

At the first race at MSRH October 2008, I saw some guys pull start their race car with an electric golf cart.

It was pretty funny.  One guy stood on the back over the drive wheel to help with traction.  The cart was all cock eyed due to the load.

The golf cart was not happy but it worked.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

3 (edited by mikespeed95 2009-11-26 10:38 AM)

When I go golf cart I'll go gas, but a 3/4 wheeler is cheap.

Also just thinking about getting a used go cart, tilting the steering column straight up and just making a sweet utility cart out of it.  I just have no experience towing in the pits so I am curious how much powah I need to flat tow a car at 5mph.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

mikespeed95 wrote:

I just have no experience towing in the pits so I am curious how much powah I need to flat tow a car at 5mph.

Not much.
BUT!!!
There are restrictions on driving through the pits at some tracks, so bear in mind that you might not be able to use it at certain races.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

3-wheeler cushman ftw

3-cylinder wartburg-powered HiLo would be EPIC.

Mike you should be able to use almost anything, my honda 400 can pull my 914 with four flat tires without any issues it also is able to tow a boat short distances and drag our old Q45 around easily so any 3 or 4 wheeler should work fine.

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

yeah just about any 4 wheeler would be great.  I haul around 20 foot sections of trees in the woods with my kawi 400.

Raptor 660R.  That is what I use to move cars around.  Has just enough power wink

Namco Racing #48 Miata

Serj wrote:

3-wheeler cushman ftw

3-cylinder wartburg-powered HiLo would be EPIC.

I've got the motor ready, anyone got a chassis for me?   I keep thinking of building my own but I really need to stop getting distracted and work on the actual wartburg.

at this point I may just use the miata as a pit cart if I dont find one.  Trying to swap the damn thing for a trailer or gas golf cart with little luck so far.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."